Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana Coach Tom Crean Talks about UK Series

Featured Replies

Making it public is nothing more than making it public. IU wants to play the series and presented a perfect compromise. UK played the standard our ish don't stink card. Bad for the game, but whatever...

 

I do not understand why what IU proposed is a perfect comprise?

  • Replies 207
  • Views 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not understand why what IU proposed is a perfect comprise?

 

What more could IU give that would be considered a compromise? What are they supposed to do, offer two neutral games and two at Rupp?

What more could IU give that would be considered a compromise? What are they supposed to do, offer two neutral games and two at Rupp?

 

They are offering three games in the state of Indiana. I do not think that Indiana fans would look at two games at Freedom Hall , one at Rupp and ons at Assembly Hall as a perfect comprise.

Tom Crean tweet.....

 

@TomCrean: I love listening to Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy and Doris Burke. Awesome team. I wish Jeff would right a book.

 

 

Yes, that is a real tweet from Tom Crean. :lol:

Tom Crean tweet.....

 

@TomCrean: I love listening to Mike Breen, Jeff Van Gundy and Doris Burke. Awesome team. I wish Jeff would right a book.

 

 

Yes, that is a real tweet from Tom Crean. :lol:

 

:lol:

I just wish that Coach Cal and Coach Crean could get together on this and figure out a way to write the wrong that would exist if this series were to end.

Why is Indiana dead set on having this as a home game? If they want the series played UK is willing to play it in Indiana the next two years. If that doesn't work for IU who will they get as good as UK willing to play them twice in a row in their state? UK holds the power hand here while IU whines and moans in public about it.
Indiana didn't go public ... the letter was released through a FOI media request.
They are offering three games in the state of Indiana. I do not think that Indiana fans would look at two games at Freedom Hall , one at Rupp and ons at Assembly Hall as a perfect comprise.
The site of the neutral court games means nothing because the tickets are split equally.
They are offering three games in the state of Indiana. I do not think that Indiana fans would look at two games at Freedom Hall , one at Rupp and ons at Assembly Hall as a perfect comprise.

 

Considering UK even proposed a two year deal to play back to back years at Lucas Oil Stadium, how isn't it a perfect compromise? UK wanted to play at a big neutral site, and Indiana wants the games to be home and home. Indiana decided to give UK that, as long as they did the home and home the next two years.

 

I am a UK fan but to act like in this situation that Indiana didn't actually give a great compromise here is wrong. Not much else you can ask for from Indiana here, unless UK is just wanting it to be completely done perfectly the way they want. Which then wouldn't be a compromise...

At the end of the day, this game means much more to Indiana than it does Kentucky. I'd imagine it would be similar to how Michigan feels about Michigan St. Sure it's a rivalry, but the real focus is on Ohio State.

Coach Cal wants large neutral sites for this year, I'm sure he will 3-4 years from now too. If IU wants to play Kentucky, they should just suck it up and take the two games at Lucas Oil.

At the end of the day, this game means much more to Indiana than it does Kentucky. I'd imagine it would be similar to how Michigan feels about Michigan St. Sure it's a rivalry, but the real focus is on Ohio State.

 

Except Michigan can't run and hide from State because they are in the same conference. Any way you slice it, it reeks of UK being chapped they lost at IU last year...

Except Michigan can't run and hide from State because they are in the same conference. Any way you slice it, it reeks of UK being chapped they lost at IU last year...

 

I was just making a reference to the level of rivalry...but run and hide? Please.

 

I bet winning the NCAA title helped with a lot of that chapping.

 

They have an opportunity to still play tough out of conference teams, as well as bring more money into the program. IU needs this game, UK does not.

I was just making a reference to the level of rivalry...but run and hide? Please.

 

I bet winning the NCAA title helped with a lot of that chapping.

 

They have an opportunity to still play tough out of conference teams, as well as bring more money into the program. IU needs this game, UK does not.

 

IU doesn't need they game, they want the game because it is a historic regional rivalry. One of the most storied out of conference rivalries in the history of the game.

 

IU NEEDS UK? Please indeed...

IU doesn't need they game, they want the game because it is a historic regional rivalry. One of the most storied out of conference rivalries in the history of the game.

 

IU NEEDS UK? Please indeed...

I agree. Neither team needs the other to survive here. Just a regional thing to give back to the fans more than anything else. Both are at fault. Unless you are in the UK bubble, UK looks worse because they lost this season in dramatic fashion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.