Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana Coach Tom Crean Talks about UK Series

Featured Replies

The new guy will learn, TRUST GT on basketball related stuff! :sssh:

 

New Guy by what standards?:sssh:

  • Replies 207
  • Views 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So we are just going to ignore the fact Cal lied about having a game in the works for Lucas Oil Stadium???

 

How is it a lie, at the time, it was in the works, now its not. it happens.

Still doesnt mean its not in the works.
How can it be "in the works" if the venue hasn't been contacted? I think I would worry about securing a venue before calling other schools about having a game there, as Calipari says Kentucky has the date for Lucas Oil Stadium.
How is it a lie, at the time, it was in the works, now its not. it happens.
No, Cal said Kentucky has the date for Lucas Oil Stadium and will still try to schedule an opponent there next season. As much as I love Cal, it sure does sound like he flat out lied.
To me appears from the outside looking in that UK does not want to jeopardize the home court winning streak. Which really means a hill of beans.

 

Agreed,

To me appears from the outside looking in that UK does not want to jeopardize the home court winning streak. Which really means a hill of beans.

 

Of all the possible reasons I think the home court winning streak is the least likely. The most important winning streak is the NCAA streak which now stands at 6.

How is it a lie, at the time, it was in the works, now its not. it happens.

 

"At the time" was yesterday after IU said the series was done. Cal said UK has a date set. Lucas Oil said there has been zero contact with UK about booking the venue. Pretty cut and dry...

How can it be "in the works" if the venue hasn't been contacted? I think I would worry about securing a venue before calling other schools about having a game there, as Calipari says Kentucky has the date for Lucas Oil Stadium.

 

 

 

have to find somebody to play you there. Wouldnt that be more important?

have to find somebody to play you there. Wouldnt that be more important?
Sure. If Cal didn't say the date was set and venu booked...
have to find somebody to play you there. Wouldnt that be more important?

 

If you have a kid who is getting married, do you send out the invitations for the wedding without at least talking to a venue about the reception date? Cal said teams want to play us, seems like finding a team isn't going to be hard.

Seems petty, sucks we lose 2 great series. I don't have much interest in seeing UK add 2 more cupcakes to their schedule. Is money playing a big part in this?

Still doesnt mean its not in the works.

 

No, Cal said Kentucky has the date for Lucas Oil Stadium and will still try to schedule an opponent there next season. As much as I love Cal, it sure does sound like he flat out lied.

 

"At the time" was yesterday after IU said the series was done. Cal said UK has a date set. Lucas Oil said there has been zero contact with UK about booking the venue. Pretty cut and dry...

 

Cal said that Kentucky set the date. At least from everything I've seen, that is what was reported. That can be taken to mean that the Athletic Dept. has a date set in mind, but as far as an opponent & actually contacting Lucas Oil, he never specifically stated that.

 

As much as this comes across as a lie--and I admit that's what it seems like to me--it's also hard to imagine Cal making a PR blunder that could be so easily disproved.

 

As far as the series itself, I agree with bugatti that if these teams really wanted to play each other, they'd be playing each other regardless of venue. But I do firmly believe that UK comes out looking like the bad guy here. I realize that for quite some time, the shoe was on the other foot & IU only wanted to play at neutral sites. At the time, I think that made IU look bad, and I think it'll do the same for UK now.

If I am not mistaken, it was said that Digger Phelps refused to play UK at UK, and would only play them in Louisville.

If you have a kid who is getting married, do you send out the invitations for the wedding without at least talking to a venue about the reception date? Cal said teams want to play us, seems like finding a team isn't going to be hard.

 

 

 

Wouldnt your Kid have to find somebody to marry before anything else happens?

^ if your kid had people lined up to marry him/her, (Cal says we have teams that want to play us), the only logical issue is securing a venue. :)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.