April 26, 201214 yr I don't think we'll ever see a post-game scene at Rupp like what we saw this year after IU's win over UK. That was crazy!! I feel like I could personally 100% gaurentee that you would and will never see that at Rupp.
April 26, 201214 yr I will disagree with others on here, because I like the neutral site arrangement for 2 reasons: 1.) For the non-UK season ticket holder, tickets were always available for the games at the Hoosier Dome 2.) The 1/2 Red 1/2 Blue (we might be stretching a bit lets say the 30% red and 70% blue) crowd made for a pretty unique atmosphere
April 26, 201214 yr I will disagree with others on here, because I like the neutral site arrangement for 2 reasons: 1.) For the non-UK season ticket holder, tickets were always available for the games at the Hoosier Dome 2.) The 1/2 Red 1/2 Blue (we might be stretching a bit lets say the 30% red and 70% blue) crowd made for a pretty unique atmosphere When the game is Indy is closer to 50/50. I have attended a couple of the games at Freedom Hall. The crowd was pro-UK, but IU had their fair share as well. Not as huge of an advantage as some believe.
April 26, 201214 yr I attended several games in Indy and really enjoyed the atmosphere. I was playing a bit with the 30/70 comment.
April 26, 201214 yr I would prefer it stay home-and-home. But what I want more is for this series to continue, no matter where it is they play. With Indiana now being relevant (and next year, perhaps the top team in the land), I really want to see the two teams go head-to-head.
May 3, 201214 yr Looks like they will not play. I'm disappointed in UK's stance. I concur. Hopefully it will be renewed soon. No UNC or IU. As I have said before, we are about ready to see the end of virtually all non-conference rivalries with the ever expanding conferences. Worse in football, but basketball to a lesser degree.
May 3, 201214 yr Read on twitter the other day that if this series was a Little League game it would have ended years ago due to the mercy rule.
May 3, 201214 yr As a season ticket holder. Very disappointed that they think we would rather see Radford come in to Rupp than Indiana. Not a happy camper... :irked:
May 3, 201214 yr Gotta love Cal: "We're not going to play," Kentucky coach John Calipari said Thursday. "We're not going to do a home-and-home. That's out. They don't want to play two games in the state of Indiana, which I'm fine with. There are a lot of people who want to play us." Calipari said Kentucky has the date for Lucas Oil Stadium and will still try to schedule an opponent there next season. "We were willing to play them both in the state of Indiana and they said no to that," Calipari said. "That means they don't want to play us."
May 3, 201214 yr As a season ticket holder. Very disappointed that they think we would rather see Radford come in to Rupp than Indiana. Not a happy camper... :irked: Before you get your underwear all in a bunch let's see what happens with the schedule. Barnhart said this afternoon that the UNC series isn't dead yet. If your that disenchanted with the whole basketball thing I will happily take your season tickets.
May 3, 201214 yr Gotta love Cal: "We're not going to play," Kentucky coach John Calipari said Thursday. "We're not going to do a home-and-home. That's out. They don't want to play two games in the state of Indiana, which I'm fine with. There are a lot of people who want to play us." Calipari said Kentucky has the date for Lucas Oil Stadium and will still try to schedule an opponent there next season. "We were willing to play them both in the state of Indiana and they said no to that," Calipari said. "That means they don't want to play us." Completely disagree with that.
May 3, 201214 yr A game in Indy still? Notre Dame? Purdue? I would love to keep Indiana on the schedule but the non-conf for next year is still pretty strong with notables like Louisville, Duke, Maryland, Big East Challenge (Cincinnati, Georgetown, or Marquette.)
May 3, 201214 yr I find it funny and ironic that UK says to IU that the game must be played at a neutral site but when talks between a series between Duke/UK was brought up when Cal came to UK Cal insisted on it being home and home while Duke said neutral site. What's the big deal now?
May 3, 201214 yr Before you get your underwear all in a bunch let's see what happens with the schedule. Barnhart said this afternoon that the UNC series isn't dead yet. If your that disenchanted with the whole basketball thing I will happily take your season tickets. UK wants to play these games where they can make more money. I understand I can buy tickets and go to Indy or Atlanta or whatever. Just as you can. I have been to Indy & Louisville when we played Indiana. The atmosphere was great but its not like it is at Rupp. Especially since Indiana is good again. All I'm saying is my ticket prices keep going up but the level of opponents is going down. Indiana didn't want to do that because of there season ticket holders. To me Kentucky is saying, "Our fans are fanatical and will pay and come to the games no matter who we play." I usually get kissed before I get screwed ! Can I say that?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.