Indiana Coach Tom Crean Talks about UK Series

16thBBall Fan

The below is a quote by IU's Coach Crean yesterday at his press conference concerning the annual UK and IU series.

“The Kentucky game is still being talked about and worked on but it isn’t set in stone,’’ Crean said. “As many of you know, Kentucky doesn’t want to play it on campus anymore. That’s certainly not our first choice. Keeping it on campus is without a doubt our first choice and always has been since I’ve been here.’’

According to coach Crean UK no longer wants to play the series on campus. Wonder why it is a great game to be held on campus especially now that IU basketball has made a come back. What's everyone's thoughts on this. Maybe Cal will shed some light on these comments the next time he holds a press conference.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know why UK wants to play some place else. They can pack the place with there fans. Makes sense on their end. Almost like a home game in Indy.

I also don't blame IU for wanting to keep the game on campus. Limits the BBN fanbase.

I hope they are able to work it out.

Coach Cal is trying to keep some big name games while not having to suffer playing them at home every other year. Makes sense if UK is going to have to reload year after year, it certainly favors UK more so I completely undestand Crean's wanting to stay on campus. Hope they can get it worked out.

I know why UK wants to play some place else. They can pack the place with there fans. Makes sense on their end. Almost like a home game in Indy.

I also don't blame IU for wanting to keep the game on campus. Limits the BBN fanbase.

I hope they are able to work it out.

It used to be 50/50 when played in Indy and Louisville right?

I hate the neutral site games. Keep it on campus.

I dislike it as well. I love the "home court advantage" and how it affects the game. I understand why Kentucky wants to go neutral, but as a college basketball fan, I hope it fails. As a UK basketball fan...In Cal I Trust!

I understand Cal's point, take away the home court advantage and you have a better chance to win. I like Crean's thinking: we'll play at your place if you play at our's. He doesn't seem to be afraid to come into the BBN home so why would the BBN be afraid to go to Bloomington?

Lucas Oil Stadium. I would have no problem with that if I were UK depending on how the tickets got dispersed. Went to an IU/UK game years ago at Hoosier Dome. Place was electric, fun, loud. So loud that after the game I could not hear for a half hour. By the way, the fan base was separated 99% right down the middle at the Dome as best as I can remember.

I don't blame Cal for not wanting to go back to Assembly Hall. That place is dangerous. It's shaped just like a canyon and the fans seem like they're right on top of the players. I don't think we'll ever see a post-game scene at Rupp like what we saw this year after IU's win over UK. That was crazy!!