Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana Coach Tom Crean Talks about UK Series

Featured Replies

I would prefer it stay home-and-home. But what I want more is for this series to continue, no matter where it is they play. With Indiana now being relevant (and next year, perhaps the top team in the land), I really want to see the two teams go head-to-head.
The sad thing is a 43 year series is now over, i'm upset over it, just leave it on campus!
  • Replies 207
  • Views 24.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UNC is dead for next year.

A game in Indy still? Notre Dame? Purdue?

 

 

I would love to keep Indiana on the schedule but the non-conf for next year is still pretty strong with notables like Louisville, Duke, Maryland, Big East Challenge (Cincinnati, Georgetown, or Marquette.)

Does Maryland count as a strong opponent right now?
Completely disagree with that.

 

UK offered to play both games in Indy. If IU wanted to play then sign the papers. It looks to me like neither party wanted to play bad enough.

 

So I agree with Cal, Indiana doesn't want to play.

UK offered to play both games in Indy. If IU wanted to play then sign the papers. It looks to me like neither party wanted to play bad enough.

 

So I agree with Cal, Indiana doesn't want to play.

No, they wanted to play, just not to Cal's arm twisting to play off campus. Same could be said about Cal, he knows IU will have a good team next year and didn't want to play them and possibly lose to them at Rupp.

I think it sucks when most all of UK's OOC schedule at home is sucky teams. I think it's better to have IU at a home and home instead of neutral. It turns the game from a college atmosphere to a more corporate IMO.

Does Maryland count as a strong opponent right now?

 

Notce in the post I said ''notables." in referring to the teams. Strong schedule overall, but yes Maryland is weak but they are notatble in name recognition(the same way IU was in previous seasons) and being the game is highlighted by being the opening game of the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

I find it funny and ironic that UK says to IU that the game must be played at a neutral site but when talks between a series between Duke/UK was brought up when Cal came to UK Cal insisted on it being home and home while Duke said neutral site. What's the big deal now? :D

 

Neutral in Coach K's Mind is Atlanta and New Jersey right?

Meh... UK played at neutral sites for years because of Coach Knight. IU has no room to whine. Especially after the way they handled the game last year.

 

I'd love for them to play, but I'm not worried about it. Cal has consistently put together solid OOC schedules. I'm sure that will continue.

Neutral in Coach K's Mind is Atlanta and New Jersey right?

 

I think those were the sites. Catlanta and Duke Jersey. I'm unsure though. I don't think they ever settled the home and home versus neutral argument to ever negotiate sites. I thought the irony was funny though.

No, they wanted to play, just not to Cal's arm twisting to play off campus. Same could be said about Cal, he knows IU will have a good team next year and didn't want to play them and possibly lose to them at Rupp.

 

IU apparently agreed verbally to Cal's arm twisting ways. Either way if IU was just dying to play they would have agreed to a deal that put both games in their backyard.

UNC is dead for next year.

 

Call Mitch Barnhart and let him know becausevhe is under the assumption that's it's not completely dead. But what does he know?

Call Mitch Barnhart and let him know becausevhe is under the assumption that's it's not completely dead. But what does he know?

 

I was thinking he was saying UNC will be garbage next year but I may be mistaken.

A game in Indy still? Notre Dame? Purdue?

 

The folks at Lucas Oil are saying UK has not been in contact with them about a game next year or in the future...

I think those were the sites. Catlanta and Duke Jersey. I'm unsure though. I don't think they ever settled the home and home versus neutral argument to ever negotiate sites. I thought the irony was funny though.

 

Is that Duke/UK game at Rupp next year?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.