Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana Coach Tom Crean Talks about UK Series

Featured Replies

You said Indiana should just suck it up and take the next two years at Lucas Oil Stadium ... they offered to do that.

 

Link? I've not seen that offer on the table from IU.

  • Replies 207
  • Views 24.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Link? I've not seen that offer on the table from IU.
It's been reported everywhere ...
Link? I've not seen that offer on the table from IU.

 

IU AD said it yesterday. 2 at Lucas. 1 at Rupp. 1 on campus at IU.

IU AD said it yesterday. 2 at Lucas. 1 at Rupp. 1 on campus at IU.

 

westsider said they offered to play just the two at Lucas. I think that is where the confusion is coming from, because I dont' believe IU ever offered just that.

westsider said they offered to play just the two at Lucas. I think that is where the confusion is coming from, because I dont' believe IU ever offered just that.

 

Here is the podcast where the AD said it.

 

Dan Dakich | Podcasts | WFNI ESPN 1070 the Fan

 

Go down to "Fred Glass 5/31/12"

I know what they offered, a total of four games, broke down as you posted.

 

In my post, I said IU should just take the two game sat Lucas Oil. To which, westider responded:

 

They offered to do just that ... Kentucky said no.

 

But IU didn't offer to do just that. They offered to do two games Lucas, in addition to a home and home. At least that's what I understood. I can't listen to the podcast here at work right now unfortunately.

I know what they offered, a total of four games, broke down as you posted.

 

In my post, I said IU should just take the two game sat Lucas Oil. To which, westider responded:

 

 

 

But IU didn't offer to do just that. They offered to do two games Lucas, in addition to a home and home. At least that's what I understood. I can't listen to the podcast here at work right now unfortunately.

 

Correct. IU insists that they get a game on campus once every four years.

Correct. IU insists that they get a game on campus once every four years.

 

I think that's what westider is confused about. You, mobarr, and I are all on the same page.

I think that's what westider is confused about. You, mobarr, and I are all on the same page.

 

AD said that financially it would be better for IU to play games at Lucas than on campus. Wants the experience for the students.

AD said that financially it would be better for IU to play games at Lucas than on campus. Wants the experience for the students.

 

Right, didn't he say something along the lines of him wanting them to have the opportunity to see at least have one game against UK in Bloomington during their four years?

Right, didn't he say something along the lines of him wanting them to have the opportunity to see at least have one game against UK in Bloomington during their four years?

 

Correct.

I think that's what westider is confused about. You, mobarr, and I are all on the same page.
I'm not confused at all ... Indiana offered to play the next two games in the dome, just as someone insisted they should do.

I'm a huge UK fan like most on here but I see nothing wrong with a 4 year deal. I don't like neutral site games that much. I'd much rather see Uk play a good opponent at home than I Louisville or wherever. It turns the game from collegiate to corporate.

 

 

Secondly why is UK even talking about building a new arena if they're only going to play conference game and cupcake teams there? Being sarcastic btw.

AD said that financially it would be better for IU to play games at Lucas than on campus. Wants the experience for the students.

 

Funny thing is the game is talking about getting scheduled around the 22nd of December, meaning students wouldn't even be on campus anyway.

Funny thing is the game is talking about getting scheduled around the 22nd of December, meaning students wouldn't even be on campus anyway.

 

Students would still attend .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.