All UK Underclassmen To Announce Tomorrow

D-Rob

From Lex18.......

Anthony Davis didn't want to say, but Cal is hinting at the obvious. Five Cats are expected to announce their NBA intentions for next season in a press conference Tuesday in Lexington.

"My guess is we'll need a new batch," Cal said in Oklahoma City Monday night when he was with Anthony Davis who was picking up the Wayman Tisdale award as the nation's top freshman.

The 6-foot-10 center also won The Associated Press, Naismith and Wooden awards for national player of the year and is considered the No. 1 overall pick in the NBA draft this June.

"You've got to wait," Davis said before the ceremony.

"It's only a day away, a couple hours. We're doing it as a team. We thought it would be great to do it as a team to show how much we like each other and how much of a team we are and how we did it to win a national championship.''

Davis accomplished more at UK in one year than he expected.

"You couldn't really ask for much more. It was every college player's dream to come in and win a national championship, player of the year, freshman of the year and everything."

"I'm just grateful and thankful to my parents, my coaching staff, my teammates, everyone who helped me out to get to this point."

As far as being the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, this is something Davis didn't even dream about.

"I never actually thought about it like that. I just always went out there and played basketball. I always played for my team. I always deferred to my team because it's a team sport. No one player can win the game by himself.

"I never even thought about, OK, I can leave early if I keep playing this well."

Davis believes it's special that all 5 can make the announcement about their future together.

"We thought it would be nice - cool - to do it together."

Cal is happy that if all 5 are going to leave, they are doing it together.

"It shows it wasn't fake, it was real, says Cal. "It's good stuff."

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pratt has called into the KSR show and said he never said they were coming back, and he's confident all 5 are leaving.

Apparantly a caller called in saying he had a source that said they were coming back, they put him on hold to reveal his source (which he said was Pratt), and Matt's stooge Drew accidentally said it was Pratt on the air.

I don't believe for 1 second MKG is coming back. Lamb/Teague I could see but even that is a stretch.

I want to believe MKG is coming back, but I can't think of many logical reasons why. Maybe to win some awards, but he's not really that type of player. Fun to dream about nonetheless.

Pratt has called into the KSR show and said he never said they were coming back, and he's confident all 5 are leaving.

Apparantly a caller called in saying he had a source that said they were coming back, they put him on hold to reveal his source (which he said was Pratt), and Matt's stooge Drew accidentally said it was Pratt on the air.

I usually listen via podcast, but I read on another message board that this is what happened.

Cal seemed to imply that they are all gone. As did Anthony Davis. I'll take their word before Mike Pratt's. Whoever that is....

:idunno: The "need a new batch" statement is true if 3 leave or all 5. Seems like people are just reading in what they thought anyway.

I think Teague and Lamb both help themselves by coming back, and MKG seems to just WANT to come back. So I wouldn't be surprised if any of them stayed. I also won't be surprised if they all leave.

MOst of them do that.

Jorts did it last year and Miller is doing that right now.

Charging $20 per autograph? I still can't believe theat. No way I would pay that. I remember going to see the 78 Seniors and getting autographs for free.