April 4, 201214 yr Do you ever watch Joe Flacco? IF so, then you shouldn't have to ask that question. Since I am a Ravens fan, yes. (See profile pic.) :lol: However, that's irrelevant. Why do we expect athletes or politicians to NOT have confidence in their abilities and potential? Had WKU's men's basketball coach been asked prior to his game vs. UK if they would win, do you think he should have said "probably not"?
April 4, 201214 yr Since I am a Ravens fan, yes. (See profile pic.) :lol: However, that's irrelevant. Why do we expect athletes or politicians to NOT have confidence in their abilities and potential? Had WKU's men's basketball coach been asked prior to his game vs. UK if they would win, do you think he should have said "probably not"? Wow, apples and anvils. The elite QB's ala Brees, Manning, Brady, Rogers defer praise to their teammates. Do they say "no we can't win"? How did you infer that from any of my posts? I would hope at that level (and with that defense to save his rearend) that he should feel confident he will win. I'll say this, you stick any of the four I mentioned on that team and Baltimore has in the neighborhood of 4 rings, IMO. As for your avatar, I've seen it a million times, would never have known he had on a Ravens shirt. Very good looking, however misguided, mascot.
April 4, 201214 yr Wow, apples and anvils. The elite QB's ala Brees, Manning, Brady, Rogers defer praise to their teammates. Do they say "no we can't win"? How did you infer that from any of my posts? I would hope at that level (and with that defense to save his rearend) that he should feel confident he will win. I'll say this, you stick any of the four I mentioned on that team and Baltimore has in the neighborhood of 4 rings, IMO. As for your avatar, I've seen it a million times, would never have known he had on a Ravens shirt. Very good looking, however misguided, mascot. Even though I quoted your post, I was talking on a much broader scale and asking the question in general, based on a lot of different conversations (here and elsewhere) I've had lately. I do see your point, in this case, and agree that a QB, as a leader of a team, should defer to his teammates as regards individual game and even season success. However, if asked specifically about his QB skill, I can't fault a guy who has to market himself in saying that he's the best. He may be wrong (my Ravens goggles aren't dark enough for me to think he's right...My fav players are Lewis and Rice, not Flacco) but I don't mind his confidence.
April 4, 201214 yr Even though I quoted your post, I was talking on a much broader scale and asking the question in general, based on a lot of different conversations (here and elsewhere) I've had lately. I do see your point, in this case, and agree that a QB, as a leader of a team, should defer to his teammates as regards individual game and even season success. However, if asked specifically about his QB skill, I can't fault a guy who has to market himself in saying that he's the best. He may be wrong (my Ravens goggles aren't dark enough for me to think he's right...My fav players are Lewis and Rice, not Flacco) but I don't mind his confidence. I totally understand. I think Ed Reed's comments were very telling last year. Not to mention, not a feather in Joe's contract negotiating cap either.
April 4, 201214 yr I don't get it. Why do we want people to say that they aren't the best? That they won't win? We want them to say they are the best. When they are the best. :lol:
April 4, 201214 yr Joe is a perplexing QB. Nobody can look as bad as him at times, but he has had some solid games where you think, "Dang, that dude is not that bad." He outplayed Brady in the AFC title game yet they drop a pass in the endzone and miss a chip shot FG to go in to OT. As for the comment, I think he is just trying to convince himself. He does not really believe it.
April 6, 201214 yr I agree, but when Eli was asked, he had already won one Super Bowl. I believe he was asked if he was an elite quarterback, which I believe he is. I wonder what his answer would have been if he was asked if he is the best QB. Probably something like, yeah I tell Peyton that all the time. I wonder what Ed Reed's answer would be to this question about Joe? Peyton who ? Eli's da man !!
April 8, 201214 yr As a Ravens fan I'm not a Flacco fan. I don't have a big problem with him having confidence in himself. You have too at that position. Everybody but him laughs because he obviously isn't close. He is very immature IMO and that is a big problem when you are a QB. He acts like a baby way too much and has a chip on his shoulder. Pouts way to much. I wish those guys on defense would lay the smack down on him!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.