Source: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist to Enter NBA Draft

UKMustangFan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kimble had 38. Hank had 20. Jumpin Jamal Walker hit a jumper to win it if I remember correctly.

Xavier 115, LMU 113 - Loyola Marymount Official Athletic Site

I count 5 NBA players in that game.

I watched that game, on Channel 9, I think. Incredible game.

As far as Gilchrist and the NBA goes, I agree that he will need a couple years to discover himself. Most notably, he will need that time to discover his go-to offensive move. The league is full of guys who showed up as great athletes but mostly unpolished from the offensive end, and most of them crashed out in short order if they weren't able to develop a go-to move quick.

If Gilchrist develops a go-to move, he can have a long, productive career. If not, he's done quick.

MKG will make a very good professional basketball player. The kid has all kinds of talent and will develop an outside shot.

I find the timing of this "announcement" to be very odd, but it's not the least bit surprising. If Kentucky fans have learned anything over the past 2 years, it's that we will lose players to the NBA draft sooner rather than later. Some NBA mock drafts have predicted MKG as high as #2. If that's the case, NOBODY can blame the young man for getting paid. By all accounts, he has been an outstanding young man in Lexington and ALL basketball fans know that he has absolutely worked his tail off this year. Kudos to him.

I think the timing of this is a bit odd...

Matt Jones is on Twitter saying it'll be VERY surprising if this is true....Jones is such a moron. :lol:

Not that I know Matt Jones at all, but in his defense, I think that his Tweet saying it was very surprising was regarding the timing of it. Because he followed his original tweet up with something a few minutes later that confirms that to me.

And with that I have to agree with you and him. The timing is very odd. MKG seems like one of the most unselfish players I've watched. For him to make this about him before a big game tonight, I just dont' see that being true. I believe he's leaving and have said it all along, I do not believe he leaked anything yesterday.

Um, just my opinion. And according to another poster, Gilchrest did not put out the info. Like I stated, he needs to concentrate of the next game and not tweets.

LOL! Should he not eat either, concentrate on the game instead? I don't see why twitter should be banned during the tournament. They've been allowed to use it all year, has it hurt them at all?

LOL! Should he not eat either, concentrate on the game instead? I don't see why twitter should be banned during the tournament. They've been allowed to use it all year, has it hurt them at all?

I'm just old school. Let's not get carried away, he should always eat, maybe something light before the game.