March 23, 201214 yr And this is why NBA teams can all be very thankful you'll never get the chance. :lol: Have you seen how many of the draft picks have worked out? This kid is not a player that bad teams need to immediately make them better? He's like Shane Battier.
March 23, 201214 yr What? It isn't some random person, it's ESPN's NBA draft insider. You think he'd try to "play head games" with a guy still in the tournament? That makes no sense. People claim media bias all of the time and I have to believe it exists to an extent people are after all human. Would someone do this? Yes I think they would. ?Did they? I don't know and won't care until MKG some how single handidly costs UK a game in this tournament.
March 23, 201214 yr Author Have you seen how many of the draft picks have worked out? This kid is not a player that bad teams need to immediately make them better? He's like Shane Battier. Gilchrist is better than Battier.
March 23, 201214 yr What? It isn't some random person, it's ESPN's NBA draft insider. You think he'd try to "play head games" with a guy still in the tournament? That makes no sense. Well excuse me...I had no idea who the "NBA insider" was or his/her "source". And do I think the media would play head games with a guy? I sure do. (Or were you being sarcastic and ya got me?)
March 23, 201214 yr Gilchrist is better than Battier.Gilchrist has more talent than Battier but I wouldn't say he is better now then Battier was he came out.
March 23, 201214 yr Have you seen how many of the draft picks have worked out? This kid is not a player that bad teams need to immediately make them better? He's like Shane Battier. I think that is a pretty good comparison. Battier was definitely a better shooter but MKG is a whole lot more skilled going to the basket and finishing. I can get behind what you are saying though. MKG is definitely not someone I would build a team around. He's a good supporting cast type player.
March 23, 201214 yr What? It isn't some random person, it's ESPN's NBA draft insider. You think he'd try to "play head games" with a guy still in the tournament? That makes no sense. Quoting a "source." Media members aren't always/usually the masterminds here. They're the pawns that other people use.
March 23, 201214 yr MKG reminds me of my favorite college basketball player of all time, the late Hank Gathers. Not the most polished offensive player, but gives more effort, energy & plays with more heart (no pun intended w/ Gathers) than anybody at the collegiate level. And he'll be very successful at the next level because of all that.
March 23, 201214 yr MKG reminds me of my favorite college basketball player of all time, the late Hank Gathers. Not the most polished offensive player, but gives more effort, energy & plays with more heart (no pun intended w/ Gathers) than anybody at the collegiate level. And he'll be very successful at the next level because of all that. I saw one of the last games Hank played when they played X at the Gardens. I think the final was like 115-113.
March 23, 201214 yr I saw one of the last games Hank played when they played X at the Gardens. I think the final was like 115-113. I was in junior high when he died. I had a friend who had one of those huge satellite dishes & we both loved LMU & their up-and-down style, so we watched them when we could. I don't remember him playing @ X. If either of us had known that, we probably would have talked our Dads into taking us. Do you remember how Hank did? And who played for X? That was a little bit past the Byron Larkin years, if I remember right.
March 23, 201214 yr I was in junior high when he died. I had a friend who had one of those huge satellite dishes & we both loved LMU & their up-and-down style, so we watched them when we could. I don't remember him playing @ X. If either of us had known that, we probably would have talked our Dads into taking us. Do you remember how Hank did? And who played for X? That was a little bit past the Byron Larkin years, if I remember right. Kimble had 38. Hank had 20. Jumpin Jamal Walker hit a jumper to win it if I remember correctly. Xavier 115, LMU 113 - Loyola Marymount Official Athletic Site I count 5 NBA players in that game.
March 23, 201214 yr Very nice find, Clizzy! Thanks a bunch! :thumb: Are you counting Gathers among the 5? I know Kimble, Strong, & Hill. Who else from X? Jamie Gladden & Jamal Walker. I forgot about those guys. Man, X has had a lot of talent over the years.
March 23, 201214 yr Very nice find, Clizzy! Thanks a bunch! :thumb: Are you counting Gathers among the 5? I know Kimble, Strong, & Hill. Who else from X? Jamie Gladden & Jamal Walker. I forgot about those guys. Man, X has had a lot of talent over the years. The 5th is Aaron Williams.
March 23, 201214 yr That's right. Judging from his Wiki page, he was quite the NBA journeyman. Didn't realize he was on the X staff. Anyway, back to MKG...I hope he does what is best for him. I see a lot of NBA scouts who acknowledge his need to improve offensively/shooting, but they love his tenacity & the fact that both coaches & players love having him on a team.
March 23, 201214 yr Actually, he, and teammates, should stay off Twitter during the tourney. Um, ok. Does it change what was said?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.