BGP QOTD: What were the most surprising final scores of 2019?

Up in Northern Kentucky, I thought Conner's two wins over Highlands (20-17 in regular season and 38-28 in the playoffs) were both really notable.

To follow that up, the Conner/Highlands results made Cov Cath's 13-0 win over Highlands pretty interesting in light of the fact that the Colonels' 45-7 regular season win over Conner and then their repeat win over the Cougars in the playoffs, 38-8.

Holmes beating Scott 50-38 to finish undefeated in their regular season district was pretty eyebrow raising, for sure.

Southwestern Pulaski was 3-5 playing 7-1 Pulaski County at Pulaski County when they beat them 15-7 in OT. That was a pretty big upset. They then beat them again two weeks later to be the only 4 seed in the state to beat a 1 seed.

With the injuries that Pulaski had that was an upset on paper only. But still a pair of nice wins.

With the injuries that Pulaski had that was an upset on paper only. But still a pair of nice wins.

The first game Pulaski had zero injuries until halftime. Pulaski's QB went out at the end of the second quarter but they still had everyone else. Southwestern played their entire season with their second string QB after the starter got hurt in the scrimmages.

The two that surprised me the most were the 4A finals in Johnson Central beating Boyle and regular season Russell beating Greenup County 42-0. That was also the halftime margin. I don't think anyone saw that big of a margin coming.

Really? I was going to say Greenwood's 28-14 win over Franklin-Simpson. You could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw that score.

Yeah I’m trying to forget about that one lol. I guess as the season progressed it wasn’t quite as big a surprise as it seemed at first. DeSales went on from the Meade County game and lost in overtime to eventual 3A champ Belfry in the semis while Meade County went 4-7 and lost in the 6A first round.

South Warren 21- Glasgow 20 I went into that game just hoping Glasgow didn’t get blowed out and in all reality they should’ve won South was undefeated at the time I thought they were the same South as the previous year as it turned out they were still really good but not dominant.