Reds at Indians (6/11 - 6/12)

The Reds take on the Indians in just a two game series sandwiched between two off days this week. It would sure be nice to take both of them.

Tuesday:

Castillo (6-1, 2.38 ERA) vs. Bauer (4-6, 3.93 ERA)

Wednesday (afternoon game):

DeSclafani (2-3, 4.70 ERA) vs. Plesac (1-1 1.86 ERA)

Positive vibes for this one!

And just like that Iglesias walks two and gives up two hits and you can call it a night.

You just never know any more what this guy's going to give you.

My observation is he isn't nearly as effective when brought into tie games. Bring him in with a save on the line and he is much better.

We had 6 walks and nothing to show for it. Had a Puig lead off double in 7th. Didn’t bunt him over and he gets third on a wild pitch later. Why we shoot ourselves in the foot amazes me. We are close but keep doing these dumb things in games. And Iglesias is hit or miss. He’s cost them 4-5 games this season. He’s more of an 8th inning guy in my opinion.

My observation is he isn't nearly as effective when brought into tie games. Bring him in with a save on the line and he is much better.

What was it, about a month ago, when he claimed they weren't using him "right"? He basically said he shouldn't be brought into a tie ballgame when they're on the road. It's almost like he tanks these games on purpose...almost.

What was it, about a month ago, when he claimed they weren't using him "right"? He basically said he shouldn't be brought into a tie ballgame when they're on the road. It's almost like he tanks these games on purpose...almost.

It isn't just him. It seems like a lot of closers lose their edge when they are put into non closing situations in games.

It isn't just him. It seems like a lot of closers lose their edge when they are put into non closing situations in games.

Just...pitch...the...ball...and...get...the...batters...out. His base salary for 2019 is $6,000,000.