NFL Draft Scene in Nashville

I watched a good bit of both ESPN/NFL Network's NFL draft coverage last night and had some observations.

1. ESPN seemed to overdo it with their crossover segments with various country artists/personalities. This is the NFL draft for crying out loud, not Rockin' New Year's Eve with Dick Clark.

2. NFL Network (not surprisingly) seemed more serious about it's analysis and coverage of the players than ESPN did.

3. I would hate to live in Nashville last night. The crowd was massive but most had to be there just to party.

4. Why not hold the draft in Nissan Stadium? It seems like it would've accommodated the crowd much better.

5. I also wondered in the unlikely event the NFL draft was held in Cincinnati, where would it be and what would it be like.

Anyone else have observations from last night?

I watched a good bit of both ESPN/NFL Network's NFL draft coverage last night and had some observations.

1. ESPN seemed to overdo it with their crossover segments with various country artists/personalities. This is the NFL draft for crying out loud, not Rockin' New Year's Eve with Dick Clark.

2. NFL Network (not surprisingly) seemed more serious about it's analysis and coverage of the players than ESPN did.

3. I would hate to live in Nashville last night. The crowd was massive but most had to be there just to party.

4. Why not hold the draft in Nissan Stadium? It seems like it would've accommodated the crowd much better.

5. I also wondered in the unlikely event the NFL draft was held in Cincinnati, where would it be and what would it be like.

1) :idunno:

2) ESPN knows that NFL Network has the market cornered on the really in depth draft coverage. ESPN did their own unique thing which is honestly more appealing to the majority of football fans than what the NFL Network does.

3) 100% the crowd was just there to party and it looked absolutely awesome. That’s what Nashville is about. Anyone who chooses to live anywhere near the downtown Nashville area is well aware of this. I thought the draft last night looked incredible.

4) Broadway > Nissan Stadium. This is an easy choice. The crowd of people lined all up and down broadway with the neon lights and live music playing was a phenomenal scene.

5) I would imagine the draft in Cincinnati would be held at the Banks. Once that music venue opens at the Banks it will honestly be the perfect spot to host the draft.

Having been to Nashville probably 100 times in my life, I never imagined it would grow as it has. An average of 100 people a day move to Nashville; their downtown foot traffic is on-par with Times Square. Seriously. Traffic on a typical weekday is out of control. To boot, the Country Music Marathon is tomorrow which utilizes Nissan Stadium @Mediocre Nachos, so that might answer that question. Plus it is across the river from the action. They anticipated 200,000 in attendance last night.

I thought it was an amazing turnout in Nashville.

Like bug mentioned, I heard the number 200,000 at some point last night.

I was flipping stations between ESPN and The NFL Network and I definitely thought the NFL Network did a better job.

Doing it downtown supports all of your local businesses not just Nissan Stadium. Plus the stadium only holds maybe 75,000. Downtown can handle 250,000.

It allows people to move around and do things, not just sit in a chair.

Eat good food instead of stadium food, and not have to pay stadium prices for it or your beer.

Add to that all of the live music.

Been to Nashville for New Year's Eve concerts a few times in the past. When they close down Broadway (like they did this week) it's a full blown party.

Music scene on Broadway isn't all country now and there is a ton to do...mostly free except for food and drinks.

Having been to Nashville probably 100 times in my life, I never imagined it would grow as it has. An average of 100 people a day move to Nashville; their downtown foot traffic is on-par with Times Square. Seriously. Traffic on a typical weekday is out of control. To boot, the Country Music Marathon is tomorrow which utilizes Nissan Stadium @Mediocre Nachos, so that might answer that question. Plus it is across the river from the action. They anticipated 200,000 in attendance last night.

Daughter had one of her PT rotations in Nashville. She loves the city, but despises the traffic.

Traffic is almost always a bear here. Three interstates going through the city doesn't help.

If you’re heading to Florida by way of Nashville, don’t be there during rush hour(s). The voice of experience speaks.