The best possible rule change

I think best way to help with low scoring and make the game better and it doesn't change the game at all. Simply give everyone 6 fouls before fouling out. It would keep your best players on the court longer. What do you think?

I think best way to help with low scoring and make the game better and it doesn't change the game at all. Simply give everyone 6 fouls before fouling out. It would keep your best players on the court longer. What do you think?

This is not the NBA, it's high school basketball, let it be.

A coach isn't allowed to call a timeout when there is a loose ball. A timeout while there is a loose ball would be a mistake by an official.

As far as the NBA goes I would say their franchise players play 32-38 minutes. The best players on HS teams play 32 minutes many times if they don't foul out.

I think it would have the opposite effect. With an extra foul, I think you'd see guys playing tighter defense, and taking more chances, resulting in less scoring, and ultimately more fouls. That would interrupt the flow of the game, and there's nothing enjoyable about watching a free throw contest. It makes sense that the NBA allows more fouls. Their games are 50% longer than high school games. An extra foul makes sense.

You would still shoot your bonus and double bonus at the same time. I don't see how it would change foul counts. If a guy fouls out with 5 and you bring in a player with one foul I'm pretty sure he would be more likely to foul.

You may be in favor of cutting the time allowed to shoot a free throw from 10 seconds to 5.

Players can't get to the rim anymore not because of good defense but because there are so many charge/flops. I think refs should call about 1/4 of the charges that they call now. If there is any question of block or charge always side with the block or no call. The problem is that it is usually a ref's favorite call as it brings the most attention to the ref. This would increase scoring, keep most teams best players from fouling out and overall make the game more enjoyable to watch.

Strictly my opinion, the NBA is purely entertainment and they use 6 personal fouls to keep the stars from fouling out.

Nobody is paying $150 per seat to see Lebron or Steph Curry sit out with foul trouble. It would hurt the brand.

High school basketball is the purest form of the game. Leave it alone.

This is not bashing basketball officials or coaches, but how about we call/play the game the way it is supposed to be played? Stop the hand checking/physical play, let players cut and move like the game was meant to be played. Today's game is not about the best basketball ability, its about the team that is physically stronger. I love watching teams like Cooper/Cov Cath play but that brand of basketball isn't enjoyable for most common fans to watch. I know this is not going to be very popular, and I am not trying to bash coaches or teams.

The problem is that it is usually a ref's favorite call as it brings the most attention to the ref.

First, saying a ref has a "favorite call" insinuates that they are looking to make calls, which I don't believe is the case. A game where no calls had to be made is an easy night for an official.

Secondly, a block/charge call doesn't bring any more attention to an official than any other call. They blow their whistle, play stops, everyone looks at them. That's the same on every stoppage.

So, help me out here. Why does high school basketball have to be more "watchable?" NBA, even college, I get it, income, brand, yada, yada. High school is supposed to be about competition, learning, development, etc. right? what does marketability or fan entertainment have to do with anything in high school?