Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OBC2018

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OBC2018

  1. Lewis County owns this district and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Raceland will good the next few years as well.
  2. This job search is taking awhile, how many coaches have turned them down?
  3. Talent, you can't win a lot against decent competition without it, everything else helps but talent is a must.
  4. Are you saying this is the future of HS basketball in Ky? I would think the money is made at Rupp.
  5. If they're worried about attendance why do they stream these games?
  6. You would still shoot your bonus and double bonus at the same time. I don't see how it would change foul counts. If a guy fouls out with 5 and you bring in a player with one foul I'm pretty sure he would be more likely to foul. You may be in favor of cutting the time allowed to shoot a free throw from 10 seconds to 5.
  7. A coach isn't allowed to call a timeout when there is a loose ball. A timeout while there is a loose ball would be a mistake by an official. As far as the NBA goes I would say their franchise players play 32-38 minutes. The best players on HS teams play 32 minutes many times if they don't foul out.
  8. Good point, I'm curious why the NBA does it. It may be that they want the best players to decide who wins the game.
  9. I think best way to help with low scoring and make the game better and it doesn't change the game at all. Simply give everyone 6 fouls before fouling out. It would keep your best players on the court longer. What do you think?
  10. Have you heard of the NCAA tournament? If you argue it isn't manipulated I will no longer take you serious. If humans are involved it is manipulated!
  11. The only fair way is to draw it out and let the teams play. When you have seeding you will get manipulation by biased people. If a team doesn't win because of a draw they obviously weren't the best team at that point in the season.
  12. You are assuming a lot. 1. More possessions also means more turnovers and in many cases uglier games. 2. It doesn't eliminate stall ball at the end of quarters, teams would still hold for however long the shot clock. 3. 2 for 1 at the end of quarters doesn't necessarily help the game, kids would dribble down and shoot the 30 footers. 4. I disagree for it allowing for more comebacks, I think it would do just the opposite. Just go watch AAU if you don't want to value possessions.
  13. We don't need a shot clock in my opinion. Try to look at it like this, let's say your kid is having some trouble with grades and not understanding his or her homework. So you come up with this brilliant plan to make them do their homework faster and shorten the time on each problem or question. Do you think they would make for a better outcome.
  14. How is the MoCo girls doing? Are they looking for a new coach? I believe the boys won as many this year as the girls did the last 3 years combined.
  15. Gutsy predictions. All the district winners move on. I think Ashland will beat Lewis and West will beat Rowan.
  16. Don't count Raceland out. They have one of the best defenses in the 16th.
  17. You are doing the right thing by not saying. I know a coach in recent years that took a stand against unfair circumstances and it has only gotten worse. The only thing worse than a bad official is corrupt ones. Before a lot of officials chime in, I know most officials aren't corrupt. I also predict one of the whistle blowers will become a whistleblower in the future and shine a light on some of these things.
  18. This was not a very well played game by either team for this time of the year. The good thing is no do or die pressure in the next game.
  19. This semi was a lot better than the night cap. Menifee and Rowan both played well, without the transfer this game probably goes the other way. Mason Moore is a gamer.
  20. I agree with most of what you say and most officials try to do their best. I also think it can be better than it is. We just have to figure it out.
  21. I never assumed everyone that disagrees with me is an official I did assume some officials are posting on this. Do you have an opinion about this thread or just about the things I post?
  22. I never said everyone on here is a referee but to me it's obvious some referees are posting on this thread. I have said there are some good officials and some bad ones. With that being said if we were to go back to two officials you could drop the bottom third back to JV games. I also read a post saying they have never seen a referee cheat, let me make this analogy there are bad in every walk of life. There are cheating preachers, cops, coaches, doctors, lawyers and yes referees. If you don't believe that I don't think you are being realistic. I truly want to find a solution and help the game that most of Ky loves.
  23. Looks like the officials are dominating this thread, this thread reminds me of some games I've watched. An official gets his feelings hurt by being questioned over a call he then proceeds to dominate the game with call after call or post after post in this situation. This simply boils down to the culture, until the culture changes it's hopeless.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.