Walton-Verona vs Campbell County (KHSAA Boys Sweet Sixteen® Quarterfinals) Prediction

Walton-Verons and Campbell Co. Who wins?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Walton-Verons and Campbell Co. Who wins?

If both teams play like they did during the first round it could go either way. Whoever wins will have to take care of the ball and hit free throws. I going to take Walton in a close one.

If it comes down to FTs at the end, the Bearcats could be in trouble barely shooting 60% for the season. It is a well known fact that at crunch time, the basket does shrink from the line.

In the last meeting WV won by 6, but they were not playing the same type of game they are playing now. The Bearcats are firing on all cylinders and their defense will make it difficult for CC. Miles and Pardee down low are a tough combo to contain, I will take WV by 10.

I'm a fan of both teams, so no bias here. I was at the first game and Miles seemed to give Jolly issues underneath with his size. Miles also picked up his fourth foul in the third quarter and had to sit for a long stretch. My guess is it will still be close but that Walton-Verona will win again.

I was at the 1st match up. I can’t speak of WV but the Camels probably played their 2nd worst game of the season behind the Brossart District game. Tanner was in early foul trouble which hurt and WV’s guards played really well. The Hail Mary 3pt shot that WV threw up at the buzzer didn’t help, nor did the refs wiping away a 3pt shot by the Camels before the buzzer (the call was it didn’t get released in time). With all of that said I predict a close game won from the FT line.