Campbell County 97 Calvary Christian 15

Final per KHSAA scoreboard. I know that very few of you agree with me on this kind of stuff, But you can’t convince me that they were not things that could’ve been done to make this a mere 62 point victory as opposed to an 82 point victory.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this really a surprise to anyone?

My guess would be that the Camels cleared the bench early, and you really can't ask guys who rarely get the chance to play to freeze action, can you?

I get that it looks like an embarrassment, but all said and done everyone goes home afterwards and goes to bed, and it's doubtful anyone is damaged enough to loose any sleep over it.

I'll guess that Calvary Christian didn't expect any different either. Going in I'm sure they realized that they were in for a real spanking.

In fairness to Campbell Co, they did pull off their press earlier than usual. And with the ball with 30 seconds left they declined to take a shot to get to triple digits.

Calvary was playing without 3 starters and now only has 5 high school players available in addition to 7-8th graders. And at small schools like that, it can make all the difference.

My guess would be that the Camels cleared the bench early, and you really can't ask guys who rarely get the chance to play to freeze action, can you?

I get that it looks like an embarrassment, but all said and done everyone goes home afterwards and goes to bed, and it's doubtful anyone is damaged enough to loose any sleep over it.

I'll guess that Calvary Christian didn't expect any different either. Going in I'm sure they realized that they were in for a real spanking.

I'm such a goof... I thought that this was the results of the boys game. :banghead:

Well the boys game really wasn't much better, now was it? :lol2:

We usually are on the same page when it comes to basketball, but I think it would be pretty simple. You just say "Girls, we are winning by 50 points. Play hard but do not look to score at every opportunity." Chances are the girls will run offense and score and win by 60 or 65 points and not 82. At one point the score had to be at least 65-15 if not 65-10 or less. You can tell the bottom of your bench to avoid getting to 90.

We usually are on the same page when it comes to basketball, but I think it would be pretty simple. You just say "Girls, we are winning by 50 points. Play hard but do not look to score at every opportunity." Chances are the girls will run offense and score and win by 60 or 65 points and not 82. At one point the score had to be at least 65-15 if not 65-10 or less. You can tell the bottom of your bench to avoid getting to 90.

No argument here.

I don't know if it's right to tell the bottom of the bench to hold up on scoring. Wouldn't it be better to mange the regular rotation players. Tell the girls that usually get an opportunity to score that for this game they need to hold up on scoring and for this game they are going to reward their teammates for being there for them. Cap the regular rotation at 30 and let the bottom of the bench have at it. What the heck start the bottom of the bench. Campbell's starters gained no benefit from this game.