Open Job: Southwestern

okie1

With Coach Larry French having resigned on Tuesday, per this thread, who are the likely candidates for the Warriors to pursue for his replacement after Coach French's 5 year tenure.

This seems like it should be one of the more attractive head coaching jobs around the state at this point. I would think there will be a decent number of folks looking to interview for this one.

Would think the OC and DC would head the list.

OC -- Steven French, Larry's son, played for Larry at Meade and has coached several places. Don't know every school but he coached with Larry at Boyle Co, then coached at Central Hardin and became Larry's OC when Larry took over at SW.

DC -- Played on one of Rockcastle's state finals teams. Coached with Larry at Boyle and has been his DC since he arrived at SW.

I know there will be others obviously, but I think the search should start with these two.

Would think the OC and DC would head the list.

OC -- Steven French, Larry's son, played for Larry at Meade and has coached several places. Don't know every school but he coached with Larry at Boyle Co, then coached at Central Hardin and became Larry's OC when Larry took over at SW.

DC -- Played on one of Rockcastle's state finals teams. Coached with Larry at Boyle and has been his DC since he arrived at SW.

I know there will be others obviously, but I think the search should start with these two.

Who is the DC? I didn't see a name.

• 2 weeks later...