Kentucky 92 VMI 82

16thBBall Fan

I liked the way that the Cats moved the ball on offense. Stating it mildly, this team needs a lot of work, improvements to make defensively. I will say that on several of those 3pt. shots / bombs that went in that there was a U.K. defender in their face, all over the shooter and they still went down. One thing that got to me was there were too many VMI kids that drove down the lane for a clear, uncontested lay up. A U.K. defender would get beat out front, off the dribble and no one would pick the kid up …. "help D" was no where to be found.

All of the pieces are here with U.K. or a special season and imo all will look a lot better come Jan. and more so towards March.

Give Cal another 3 months and he will have them coached up.

It's frustrating but makes sense.

Richard's time dropped significantly at the end of last season. He came out in the Bahamas looking look a new guy, he's improved but he still has work to do. Kinda reminds me of a softer Cauley-Stein. Green was the returning guard but we also saw his time drop off as last season progressed. He's got a good game but may lack focus or get too caught up in the moment, it's hard to tell which it is. Washington played great the last game and was improving as the season ended.

If you factor in all of that and expect some of the new guys will experience a similar learning curve it's still "a process".

They have talent but pulling it all together is going to take a couple months. I'm hoping they figure it out.