Class 5A Playoffs: Highlands at Anderson County

Who gets the W?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the W?

Highlands (9-2) got the clock rolling early over Madison Southern in the first round and coasted to victory. Now the Birds must travel roughly two hours to Lawrenceburg to face 5A’s greatest mystery, Anderson County (10-0). The Bearcats are unbeaten, but also unproven at the highest level. They've topped 40+ points in seven straight games. That offense will be put to the test by a Highlands defense that's only given up double digits four times this season. Will they be exposed versus the Birds, or will the Bearcats prove themselves a worthy adversary to one of Kentucky's blue bloods?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#33 is their go to guy, good running back with speed. His Dad Jon Collins who is an assistant coach at Anderson County was an assistant under Coach Duffy at Highlands.

Birds win with a running clock.

Wow running clock? I’m a little more cautious.

Highlands may not be the Highlands of old, but they are pretty darn close and it will show in this game. I don't think the Bearcats have seen a defense this fast and well coached and the Bluebirds offense has too many weapons in this one. Highlands 40 to 14.

This is the game in 5A where strength of schedule shows. Anderson went undefeated but won convincingly against a suspect schedule. Highlands definitely played a good schedule and played well. I can see Highlands taking away Anderson's running game and making them throw the ball more. Not sure the Bearcats are built for that. Taking Highlands by 2-3 TD's.

#33 is their go to guy, good running back with speed. His Dad Jon Collins who is an assistant coach at Anderson County was an assistant under Coach Duffy at Highlands.

Birds win with a running clock.

Highlands may not be the Highlands of old, but they are pretty darn close and it will show in this game. I don't think the Bearcats have seen a defense this fast and well coached and the Bluebirds offense has too many weapons in this one. Highlands 40 to 14.

I see a running clock for Highlands

I think the Birds run Anderson pretty quickly in this one as well.

For all the ones predicting a running clock or a big win. Have any of you all actually seen Anderson County play? Anderson County is a very well coached football team. Not saying they will win, but I think they may surprise some people who think this will be an easy one for Highlands.

For all the ones predicting a running clock or a big win. Have any of you all actually seen Anderson County play? Anderson County is a very well coached football team. Not saying they will win, but I think they may surprise some people who think this will be an easy one for Highlands.

The people on here can say what they want, but the players are taking Anderson VERY seriously. They know they're playing an undefeated team and must bring their A game to win on the road.. Absolutely no chance the Birds take this game lightly.

Birds can not afford to take this game lightly, schedule or no schedule AC is 10 and 0. So they need to show up focused, ready to execute and remember to let their play speak for them. Take nothing for granted. Play smart, play hard. Cannot get caught looking to a potential rematch with the Colonels or they will be watching instead of playing. Go Birds!

Everyone can mention "running clock" but the Birds are not over looking Anderson County. You don't make it to 10-0 without being able to play. Anderson Co. will get a very hungry Birds team. These kids have had to watch the previous Jr's and Sr's take a beating the last few years. They've had to hear how they don't have it anymore and how they are no longer relevant. They are hungry and ready to run through a wall, even if that wall is down in Anderson County!