Class 5A Playoffs: Highlands at Anderson County

Who gets the W?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the W?

Everyone can mention "running clock" but the Birds are not over looking Anderson County. You don't make it to 10-0 without being able to play. Anderson Co. will get a very hungry Birds team. These kids have had to watch the previous Jr's and Sr's take a beating the last few years. They've had to hear how they don't have it anymore and how they are no longer relevant. They are hungry and ready to run through a wall, even if that wall is down in Anderson County!

You do if your schedule is ranked 82nd in the state of Kentucky.

I'm sure Highland posters will say all the right things, but really don't see this one being close.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can’t overlook a team putting up an average of 40 points a game, most of those on the ground. Their offensive line has to be doing something right. Their defense does not like to give up a lot of points either. They may not have played a team like Highlands yet but that doesn’t mean they can’t.

calpreps.com projection:

Highlands 28 Anderson County 19

Common Opponent:

Highlands 36 Madison Southern 7

Anderson County 40 Madison Southern 7

Highlands had a running clock in the first half against MadSouth.

Did Anderson County get a running clock on MadSouth? If so, at what point in the game?

Highlands had a running clock in the first half against MadSouth.

Did Anderson County get a running clock on MadSouth? If so, at what point in the game?

Early 3rd quarter. Score was 40-0 and MadSouth scored on the JV. Game was very similar to the game between Highlands and MadSouth. It was 28-0 at half.

The thing that the birds need to work on for playing against this team is not give up the run to the outside. Last week they gave up the outside instead of taking it away and forcing the runner back inside. It allowed Mad South to sustain some drives. If they allow that this week it will cost a lot more.

The thing that the birds need to work on for playing against this team is not give up the run to the outside. Last week they gave up the outside instead of taking it away and forcing the runner back inside. It allowed Mad South to sustain some drives. If they allow that this week it will cost a lot more.

Not to mention not keeping contain on jet sweep against CovCath. Helped sustain more than one drive for them when they should have gone three and out.

Honest question. How many HHS fans in this thread have watched Anderson or know what they run on O and D? A couple have mentioned seeing film. If you’ve watched film or watched them in person. I’m curious how you would describe the Anderson Co offense or defense.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Honest question. How many HHS fans in this thread have watched Anderson or know what they run on O and D? A couple have mentioned seeing film. If you’ve watched film or watched them in person. I’m curious how you would describe the Anderson Co offense or defense

Just talked with a Highlands coach. Apparently they run the ball a lot and do it affectively with a number of guys.

Just talked with a Highlands coach. Apparently they run the ball a lot and do it affectively with a number of guys.

I was asking how many people knew the scheme that Anderson Co uses on offense and defense. I didn’t phrase it very well. For example Johnson Co runs the ball a lot with different people but their run game is very different from Scott Co that runs the ball a lot with different people. So there are fans that are talking about how the HHS defense will defend Anderson Co but I’m not sure they have an understanding of what Anderson does. I have no dog in this fight just making an observation from the posts.

Confident in a win just not sure it will be a “cake walk”. A win by Anderson and a chance at CovCath would be the “icing” on their season but I think the birds have too many “layers”. I think the Birds defense is the difference.

Cake eater references gotta love em!!!!!!