Is this Highlands team the deepest in NKY history?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying that they are the best team in NKY history or anything like that. What I am asking is, with potentially 9 DI players on the roster, is this the deepest team that NKY has ever seen?

9 is a large #. Can you please verify that count. We know MI, TN and KY but let’s not get ahead of the count. Prohibitive favorite no doubt, deep pitching staff you bet, 9 d1 too many blows to the head? IMO

9 is a large #. Can you please verify that count. We know MI, TN and KY but let’s not get ahead of the count. Prohibitive favorite no doubt, deep pitching staff you bet, 9 d1 too many blows to the head? IMO

Go to the Kavanaugh thread. There are 6 sitting on offers or committed. There is a 1st baseman transfer who is being hyped as D1 and two more that have outside shots.

First and Foremost you have to know that D1's cannot make official "OFFERS" until Jr year so there's that. A "we would love to have you" is not an official offer...just like a kid committing to a D1 does not mean he will ever step foot on that campus. I personally talked to a coach about this very subject...I had noticed 2 other C's had "committed" to the same school as my son and I knew from the meetings we had that they were not looking to bring more than 1 in the incoming class so I asked the coach about these 2 commitments and his exact words were "I can't control what a kid puts on a PBR or Twitter...just because he's saying he committed to us doesn't mean we are committed to him". Take a look at PBR "commitments" from 2017 and bounce that against 2018 rosters to see how many actually arrive on campus..it's pretty interesting.

Just because a kid is on a D1 team does not mean he will ever play very much .I would rather go to a smaller school and play instead of riding the pine at a big school.

What does that have to do with anything? It is a huge honor to go DI regardless of how the career turns out.