Which region favorite got the worst draw? Potential to be knocked out early?

Without a doubt.......Madison Central.........start with Bryan Station, if they win that they most likely play Lexington Christian and if they win, and get to the Championship, they more then likely get to play Scott Co. The argument could be made for any other team on that side of the bracket. By far the toughest route to Rupp that I have seen. As always, just my opinion. I guess it could be argued, they aren't the region favorite, Scott Co. is....with which I agree.

Without a doubt.......Madison Central.........start with Bryan Station, if they win that they most likely play Lexington Christian and if they win, and get to the Championship, they more then likely get to play Scott Co. The argument could be made for any other team on that side of the bracket. By far the toughest route to Rupp that I have seen. As always, just my opinion. I guess it could be argued, they aren't the region favorite, Scott Co. is....with which I agree.

Madison Central was the first team that I thought of. They should beat Bryan Station but that is a stout first round opponent.

A lot of you folks have not followed the thread. It reads which region favorite got the worst draw.

The funny thing about the 6th region is you really have about 3 Co-Favorites and two other teams not far behind because the region is so deep and balanced. Take your pick between Doss, Fern Creek, or Butler and throw in a very good Fairdale team and a hot PRP team that beat Fairdale to win that district who are not very far behind. All five have been ranked in the Top 20 of various polls throughout the season. Butler plays PRP play in the first round as does Doss and Fairdale play each other. The Doss vs Fairdale winner likely plays Fern Creek in the semifinals. I guess you could say all of those favorites have a tough road. Whoever comes out and heads to Rupp will have had a tough road to get there.

The funny thing about the 6th region is you really have about 3 Co-Favorites and two other teams not far behind because the region is so deep and balanced. Take your pick between Doss, Fern Creek, or Butler and throw in a very good Fairdale team and a hot PRP team that beat Fairdale to win that district who are not very far behind. All five have been ranked in the Top 20 of various polls throughout the season. Butler plays PRP play in the first round as does Doss and Fairdale play each other. The Doss vs Fairdale winner likely plays Fern Creek in the semifinals. I guess you could say all of those favorites have a tough road. Whoever comes out and heads to Rupp will have had a tough road to get there.

My thoughts have always been once the regionals start it is a brand season, forget all the ranking and past scores, every team has a clean slate, The team that can win three straight games was the best on that given day and are the champs.

My thoughts have always been once the regionals start it is a brand season, forget all the ranking and past scores, every team has a clean slate, The team that can win three straight games was the best on that given day and are the champs.

I agree. Playoffs are so intense and so.e kids can't handle the pressure of every possession counts. It makes for weird and crazy finishes sometimes

Hard to say in the 8th. Although I ranked Walton-Verona number one in my final rankings, Oldham County and Collins have been practical co-favorites all season. So who got the worst deal of the bunch? Maybe all three.

Collins got upset in their district final, so the defending champion Titans will face district winner Oldham County in the first round. A collective "ouch" could be heard from both camps.

On the other hand, although Walton-Verona will face 29th district runner-up South Oldham in round one, this is a team the Bearcats struggled to beat by 6 at home just about 2 weeks ago, and South may be the team in the region with the style of play that is most likely to haunt W-V. South isn't ranked as high as Collins - who Walton could have drawn - but South may be more dangerous to Walton because of coach Steve Simpson's style of play. It's a difficult matchup for the Cats.

CM