Is There Anything You Wouldn't Do.....

UKMustangFan

Had this discussion with a co-worker yesterday....We were discussing the Giancarlo Stanton trade and the roughly $300M contract he has. I made the comment that there's pretty much nothing I wouldn't do for $300M. This led to all sorts of scenarios being discussed.

So, let's put some ground rules in place....Let's eliminate committing a crime of any sort.

Is there anything you wouldn't do for $300M free and clear?

Also, let's say whatever it is, is a one-time thing.

I'm still struggling to come up with anything I would turn down $300M for....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a similar conversation yesterday about the Steelers Harrison. Why doesn’t he just take the money and be happy with his lack of playing time. Why take a chance on getting injured? Led into concussions, steroids and the risk reward of ding things for money.

So now for you @UKMustangFan Would you take your own life for $300,000 million? Your family would be set for life, but would not be a part of your little one growing up.

Had a similar conversation yesterday about the Steelers Harrison. Why doesn’t he just take the money and be happy with his lack of playing time. Why take a chance on getting injured? Led into concussions, steroids and the risk reward of ding things for money.

So now for you @UKMustangFan Would you take your own life for $300,000 million? Your family would be set for life, but would not be a part of your little one growing up.

Most successful athletes are highly competitive and supremely confident. They enjoy (and need) the competition as much as if not more than the money. It's a main reason so many struggle after they retire, and struggle with substance abuse, gambling, etc. Competing is what drives them.

While technically not a crime, I put that under the killing category so no, at least not at this point. Ask me again 20-30 years down the road and my answer my change.

Lots I wouldn't do.

It is all relative to where one is on their personal "needs hierarchy".

Once one gets to a certain level, the need for self actualization and satisfaction outweigh the baser needs as they are already taken care of.

Had this discussion with a co-worker yesterday....We were discussing the Giancarlo Stanton trade and the roughly $300M contract he has. I made the comment that there's pretty much nothing I wouldn't do for $300M. This led to all sorts of scenarios being discussed.

So, let's put some ground rules in place....Let's eliminate committing a crime of any sort.

Is there anything you wouldn't do for $300M free and clear?

Also, let's say whatever it is, is a one-time thing.

I'm still struggling to come up with anything I would turn down $300M for....

Would you have “relations” with another man?

Most successful athletes are highly competitive and supremely confident. They enjoy (and need) the competition as much as if not more than the money. It's a main reason so many struggle after they retire, and struggle with substance abuse, gambling, etc. Competing is what drives them.

The steroids conversation was interesting. Why not let a guy use them. We love the long ball, we love big hits on the football field. If someone is willing to take the risk of what it will do to their body for the chance of making more money it should be their call.