Is There Anything You Wouldn't Do.....

UKMustangFan

Would you protest with Westboro Baptist at a soldier’s funeral?

For $300M? Yeah, I'd hold my nose and do it.

I'd then donate a very large amount of $$ to the Wounded Warriors and make sure said soldier's family never has to worry about anything financially every again.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought $300M was $300 thousand.!

Usually depends on your training. Do you have a finance background?

It definitely used to be that the designation would have been “$300MM” since the M didn’t actually stand for million but “miles”, the Latin word for thousand, so you’d need MM, a thousand thousand, which would be a million.

Finance is one of the few places that terminology lives on.

I don't think I could have my taste buds removed for that, but it would certainly have its benefits.

Other no-gos for me:

Loss of sight or hearing, voluntary colostomy bag/catheter, encourage my kid to play football, blending my manhood, handling another man's manhood, drugs, prescription or otherwise, harder than a mushroom.

There's probably more.

Usually depends on your training. Do you have a finance background?

It definitely used to be that the designation would have been “$300MM” since the M didn’t actually stand for million but “miles”, the Latin word for thousand, so you’d need MM, a thousand thousand, which would be a million.

Finance is one of the few places that terminology lives on.

Yes I do, but actually we usually denoted a thousand dollars as TUSD as we would report in multiple currencies...ie T€.

There is an old joke where a man asks a women if she would have "relations" for 100 dollars. She says No.

Then he asks her if she would have "relations" for 300 million dollars and she says, "300 million dollars? Probably okay, yes."

So then he asks her if she would have relations for 200 dollars. She says, "No, what kind of lady do you think I am!!"

The man says, "Dear, we have established that. Now we are just haggling over price."