Covington Catholic 95 St. Henry 51

Nice, they'll certainly help out but it sounds like the team is off to a good start regardless. Good problem for a school to have.

With Fleek, Thelen, Davin, Deere,Nowak,The shorter Thelen I’m not sure I would sit with the Crazies and earn some PT. This is a different team with a full roster of players.

Per the Enquirer:

St. Henry (2-2) - McArtor 2 0 4, Schaefer 1 0 2, Becker 1 0 3, Westerbeck 2 0 5, Vieth 3 0 8, Machcinski 1 0 2, Croyle 4 6 17, Day 2 0 4. Totals: 19 6 51.

CovCath (2-0) - Frederick 7 4 22, Davin 0 3 3, Ruthsatz 4 4 17, Thelen 4 4 12, Walter 8 0 16, Thelen 2 0 5, Deere 3 0 6, Fleek 2 0 4, Collins 2 0 4, Nowak 0 2 2, Fortner 1 0 2. Totals: 35 15 93.

Halftime: CC 67-28. 3-pointers: CC 8 (Frederick 4, Ruthsatz 3, Thelen); H 7 (Croyle 3, Vieth 2, Westerbeck, Becker).

Never expected it to be close. But St. Henry's freshmen/JV teams seem to be competitive, so I'm thinking in a few years when our young talent gets better, the games will be a lot closer.

Also doesn't help that we have no answer to Walter.

With Fleek, Thelen, Davin, Deere, Nowak I wouldn’t be sitting with the crazies I would be hurrying up to get some PT!

I've heard talk about these guys for what seems like eternity. I've watched them play twice this year and do not come away very impressed. Fleek has been more impressive then the others, but I don't think the Mayer brothers have anything to worry about.

For the Cru, they have something special in Vieth. Only player that appeared comfortable with the ball in his hand IMHO. On JV, Bessler will be solid as he matures. He made a couple bad decisions, but those should fix themselves with time and experience.

For the Colonels, Fleek's offense is very nice, but I think his defense and the surrounding talent may keep him from seeing the floor much. I haven't been impressed with Davin yet, but you can see the potential is there. I wanted so bad to see Thelen get a break away dunk, I love the way he plays. CJ was on fire and unstoppable. He is going to be a ton of fun to watch. Aiden is awesome. He may not be the "best" player on this team, but he is the general and plays a very smart game.

Nice stat line this early in the season... sounds like he means business, and has developed the confidence to back it up, and that his senior leadership is taking shape.

Has the beast been unleashed?

Walter was def a beast against a mediocre St Henry. He had a couple nice reverses, dunks, ans strong rebounds.

It was a mich better performance than against 7th ranked Lex Cath.

Looking forward to seeinf him against Moeller next week and as he develops througout the year.