Auburn 26 Alabama 14

newarkcatholicfan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look they'll be some discussion on the talk shows and they'll be Ohio State fans that will talk about how bad Alabama's schedule was and how they haven't beaten anybody. I won't be one of those fans this week. I agree with those sentiments and I really want the committee to go out of the blue and put OSU in over Alabama, but it won't happen. I'm not delusional and I realize I won't have much of a leg to stand on. Only way I think OSU gets back in the discussion is if TCU beats Oklahoma which I just don't think is really possible. Either way screw you Nick Saban.

Final. Number 1 goes down. This really makes it interesting Tuesday night. Will the committee put Alabama in the playoff without playing in their conference championship like they did Ohio State.
They have to. Otherwise they will be hypocrites. I wish they wouldn't, but they have to.

There was some obvious collusion going on here. Alabama threw that game. The SEC promised to put both Alabama and Auburn in the playoff in exchange for keeping Ohio State out. Anyone know a good attorney? I'm hoping to file the lawsuit on Monday. :lol2:

If they do then the whole structure needs to be re-evaluated. If a team gets into the playoffs and does even play - much less win - their conference championship then the structure has no meaning.

It did happen last year and it probably should happen this year. I don't think that means the system is broken.

If they do then the whole structure needs to be re-evaluated. If a team gets into the playoffs and does even play - much less win - their conference championship then the structure has no meaning.

Um that already happened last year. Osu didn't play in the big 10 title game, but yet they made the playoffs.

All this means is Bama AND Auburn will get in.

I personally think they can, but things have to break for them. I figure SEC champ, ACC champ, Oklahoma if they win out, and then the fourth is more where there are questions. If an undefeated Wisconsin team wins the Big Ten, they’re going over Alabama. A Big Ten champ OSU is more dicey.