Auburn 26 Alabama 14

newarkcatholicfan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want an 8 team playoff, this is about as close to it as you will get. Potentially three “win and you’re in” games next weekend. I don’t believe Bama is as safe as some are making it out to be.

Joel Klatt has a very interesting take on this exact topic. He wants to get rid of divisions in conferences and do what the Big 12 does and have the best 2 teams play in each conference. Make it a prerequisite that you win your conference championship to get into the playoff. Keep it at 4 teams and leave the lowest ranked power 5 team out of the playoffs.

Is this thread about the game or the playoff? Seems that Auburn should be getting some credit for their big win.

Congrats Auburn. But there are some huge implications of this game and unless there are some Auburn fans on here who want to talk about the win itself I'm not sure what the issue is.

Miami loses to Pitt, OSU loses to Iowa and Alabama loses to Auburn all on road. If first two win next game, they’re in playoff. Anyone doubt if Bama plays either , who wins? I don’t. Bama is still best team.

It's kind of hard to feel like Bama is truly the best team in the country after last night. Miami, OSU, Clemson all have losses on the road to really bad teams. Those were complete let downs in games that each team didn't get up for. It's different when you play your rival. If you can't get up to play your rival then how good are you? I'm not sure Bama is one of the 4 best. They may be the 3rd best team in their own conference. I think Oklahoma is the best team in the country.

It's kind of hard to feel like Bama is truly the best team in the country after last night. Miami, OSU, Clemson all have losses on the road to really bad teams. Those were complete let downs in games that each team didn't get up for. It's different when you play your rival. If you can't get up to play your rival then how good are you? I'm not sure Bama is one of the 4 best. They may be the 3rd best team in their own conference. I think Oklahoma is the best team in the country.

No problem with Oklahoma or Clemson and both very well could beat Alabama and would maybe be favorites. OSU got smoked at home and on road, Miami just doesn’t pass the eye test. Wisconsin is a nice team but it seems whenever they play a powerhouse outside of Big 10, they get exposed. On a neutral field, think Bama is better than Auburn and Georgia. Scary thing is this isn’t even one of their better teams last 6 years.

No problem with Oklahoma or Clemson and both very well could beat Alabama and would maybe be favorites. OSU got smoked at home and on road, Miami just doesn’t pass the eye test. Wisconsin is a nice team but it seems whenever they play a powerhouse outside of Big 10, they get exposed. On a neutral field, think Bama is better than Auburn and Georgia. Scary thing is this isn’t even one of their better teams last 6 years.

You honestly think on a neutral field that Bama beats Auburn yesterday?

So in your eyes a loss on the road to a rival who has only two losses is worse than a trouncing on the road to a four win team? Really???

So in your eyes a loss on the road to a rival who has only two losses is worse than a trouncing on the road to a four win team? Really???
Not saying it's better, but what's the excuse for the loss last night? Auburn is just better. You think Syracuse and Pitt are better than Miami and Clemson? Is Iowa better than Ohio State? Of course not. Is Auburn better than Alabama? Probably.