Auburn 26 Alabama 14

newarkcatholicfan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the thing if I'm a Bama fan. Maybe the Iron Bowl is just different, but let's say the roles were reversed at it was Ohio State who lost to Michigan but yet still made the playoffs and may win a national championship, it just wouldn't feel right to me. You spend all year preparing for that one game against your rival. That's goal #1 for Ohio State and Michigan every single year. I would feel a little uneasy winning a national championship but losing to my biggest rival. The possibility is obviously still out there that Bama and Auburn play again, but it just wouldn't feel the same to me.

It did happen last year and it probably should happen this year. I don't think that means the system is broken.

I just think it shows that this is not the best system. With all conferences not being equal and not truly knowing how tough or easy a conference is. It's hard imo to then use the season as the evaluation for who makes it, because it's to opinion based.

The best way to truly crown a champ is 8 teams. All 5 conference champs automatically make it and 3 at large. If you don't make it in as an at large, well you can't complain much because you knew you would be in if you just won your conference. Plus gives a team like ucf a chance to show if they could make a run or not. Also it will get more teams to schedule tougher non conference because they wouldn't have to fear one loss killing their chance because they could still win their conference.

If college football goes to an 8 team playoff. I think it would be the best, most exciting sport there is out of all college and pro.

Here's the thing if I'm a Bama fan. Maybe the Iron Bowl is just different, but let's say the roles were reversed at it was Ohio State who lost to Michigan but yet still made the playoffs and may win a national championship, it just wouldn't feel right to me. You spend all year preparing for that one game against your rival. That's goal #1 for Ohio State and Michigan every single year. I would feel a little uneasy winning a national championship but losing to my biggest rival. The possibility is obviously still out there that Bama and Auburn play again, but it just wouldn't feel the same to me.

Can't think of another person who would feel uneasy winning the NC.

Eh I don't buy that. I think you osu fans would be like well see Michigan just got lucky that day, because we just showed we truly were better since we won the national title. I think your all's uneasy feeling would last until you heard your name called as national champs.

I just think it shows that this is not the best system. With all conferences not being equal and not truly knowing how tough or easy a conference is. It's hard imo to then use the season as the evaluation for who makes it, because it's to opinion based.

The best way to truly crown a champ is 8 teams. All 5 conference champs automatically make it and 3 at large. If you don't make it in as an at large, well you can't complain much because you knew you would be in if you just won your conference. Plus gives a team like ucf a chance to show if they could make a run or not. Also it will get more teams to schedule tougher non conference because they wouldn't have to fear one loss killing their chance because they could still win their conference.

If college football goes to an 8 team playoff. I think it would be the best, most exciting sport there is out of all college and pro.

College football already is the best sport out there. Nothing has the drama Week in and week out. I'm fine with an 8 team playoff and obviously I would really love one right now, but I don't think after 3 years we would have any different teams win. The best team has won each year so far. Isn't that the goal?

Eh I don't buy that. I think you osu fans would be like well see Michigan just got lucky that day, because we just showed we truly were better since we won the national title. I think your all's uneasy feeling would last until you heard your name called as national champs.
Nope you're just wrong on that and you're just going to have to believe me on that one. The NC would be great, but the season is a failure if you don't beat Michigan.

Can't think of another person who would feel uneasy winning the NC.

The season is a failure to a large percentage of OSU fans if you don't beat Michigan. That's just how it is. I don't know how to describe it to someone who hasn't been entrenched in the rivalry their whole lives.