Auburn 26 Alabama 14

newarkcatholicfan

My point is you are so much better off losing to crappy teams than you are good teams. The excuses are built in for you.

You would have a point in Clemson case losing a close game to a bad team. Or even Miami losing to a bad team, Oklahoma losing to a bad team. We see those things happen every year, where a better more talented team has an off day and loses a close one. What we don't see is a team with top 2 talent, a hall of fame coach, just get absolutely destroyed by a bad team. Using that as example was a bad choice.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would have a point in Clemson case losing a close game to a bad team. Or even Miami losing to a bad team, Oklahoma losing to a bad team. We see those things happen every year, where a better more talented team has an off day and loses a close one. What we don't see is a team with top 2 talent, a hall of fame coach, just get absolutely destroyed by a bad team. Using that as example was a bad choice.

Fine. But to then go out on a limb and pretend Iowa is better than Ohio State is just absurd. I have no excuses for that game, Ohio State got outplayed in all 3 facets of the game and it still blows my mind that it happened to be honest. But Ohio State is still the far superior team and anybody that knows football understands that.

Fine. But to then go out on a limb and pretend Iowa is better than Ohio State is just absurd. I have no excuses for that game, Ohio State got outplayed in all 3 facets of the game and it still blows my mind that it happened to be honest. But Ohio State is still the far superior team and anybody that knows football understands that.

Since Saban and Dabol couldn't get their heads out of their arses, I need your boys to win a close one against Wisky

Since Saban and Dabol couldn't get their heads out of their arses, I need your boys to win a close one against Wisky

Don't worry we'll take care of our business since you all proved unreliable last week. Haha I'm the reason Bama lost last week. All this time I've spent bashing them saying they aren't that good and then them continuing to win up until the point where I need them to win and they completely crap the bed. Haha

Don't worry we'll take care of our business since you all proved unreliable last week. Haha I'm the reason Bama lost last week. All this time I've spent bashing them saying they aren't that good and then them continuing to win up until the point where I need them to win and they completely crap the bed. Haha

Wait do you want Ohio State in the playoffs now? I thought you said something along the lines of they weren't worthy and shouldn't even be considered.

Wait do you want Ohio State in the playoffs now? I thought you said something along the lines of they weren't worthy and shouldn't even be considered.

Obviously I want them in the playoffs they are my team. Do I trust that when they get there they will perform? No. That makes me hesitant. But obviously I want them there.

Auburn just flat out played Bama. Auburn's line play whipped Bama's all day long and that (Bama getting whipped on the line) rarely happens

I won't argue that they whipped our butts....however the domination thing has been blown a bit overboard. I understand why it is coming from tOSU fans though. Our 4 running backs ran the ball a combined 18 times...averaged well over 6 to 7 yards a carry. So the oline was able to run block effectively. For whatever reason; we decided to attempt to pass the ball, and that does play well into Auburn's pass rush wheelhouse. Apparently we can't pay an o coordinator that will allow our rbs to run the ball.

I won't argue that they whipped our butts....however the domination thing has been blown a bit overboard. I understand why it is coming from tOSU fans though. Our 4 running backs ran the ball a combined 18 times...averaged well over 6 to 7 yards a carry. So the oline was able to run block effectively. For whatever reason; we decided to attempt to pass the ball, and that does play well into Auburn's pass rush wheelhouse. Apparently we can't pay an o coordinator that will allow our rbs to run the ball.

First of all, I have no idea what being an OSU fan has to do with it and I'm not goinf to join in on the back and forth on that. Also ... just for the record, I was pulling for Bama bc I admire Saban and frankly can't stand the Auburn coach. So, I may be misunderstanding your comment but I do stand by my "Bama got whipped on the line of scrimmage" comment. Especially Auburn's defensive line over the "O" line of Alabama. Maybe, just maybe that's why Saban went to the air more, his backs weren't getting many holes opened up for them.

First of all, I have no idea what being an OSU fan has to do with it and I'm not goinf to join in on the back and forth on that. Also ... just for the record, I was pulling for Bama bc I admire Saban and frankly can't stand the Auburn coach. So, I may be misunderstanding your comment but I do stand by my "Bama got whipped on the line of scrimmage" comment. Especially Auburn's defensive line over the "O" line of Alabama. Maybe, just maybe that's why Saban went to the air more, his backs weren't getting many holes opened up for them.

Yeah the comment wasn't meant as a jab; it would benefit OSU if Bama was "dominated" if the last spot in the playoff was between OSU and Bama. The backs were getting holes open which makes this that more puzzling. The chatter from Alabama beat writers and fans have been this since the Tennessee game. We don't know why Damien Harris and/or Scarborough don't carry the ball more. He ran 6 times for 51 yard.. that's 8 yards a carry. Bo ran it 6 times with a 7 yard per carry avg. It literally looked like OSU's offense. The section that was dominated and exposed was our LB's and secondary.

We don't know why Damien Harris and/or Scarborough don't carry the ball more. He ran 6 times for 51 yard.. that's 8 yards a carry. Bo ran it 6 times with a 7 yard per carry avg. It literally looked like OSU's offense. The section that was dominated and exposed was our LB's and secondary.

Ugh welcome to our world for a change... What could have been had Ohio State only ran the ball in the big games that past 3 years...

Ugh welcome to our world for a change... What could have been had Ohio State only ran the ball in the big games that past 3 years...

It looked just like OSU. Barrett(Hurts) left, Barrett (Hurts) right....throw a pass, incomplete. Wash, rinse and repeat.

Why would you even bother to post that? What point could you be trying to make that I don't already know?

People get on here and discredit Alabama for losing to a really good Auburn team on the road. Then those same people build OSU up and seem to forget that they were absolutely dismantled by a so-so Iowa team. There's no argument that can be made where OSU should get a nod over Alabama in the playoff picture. Absolutely no argument. OSU shouldn't even be in consideration but somehow they always manage to find a way in even though they don't deserve it.