Auburn 26 Alabama 14

newarkcatholicfan

People get on here and discredit Alabama for losing to a really good Auburn team on the road. Then those same people build OSU up and seem to forget that they were absolutely dismantled by a so-so Iowa team. There's no argument that can be made where OSU should get a nod over Alabama in the playoff picture. Absolutely no argument. OSU shouldn't even be in consideration but somehow they always manage to find a way in even though they don't deserve it.

Nobody is debating the merits of the quality of loss between OSU and Bama. Obviously losing to Auburn is a better loss than getting smacked by crappy Iowa. But the excuses are built in when you lose to Iowa and you get a chance to rebound from it. Bama doesn't have the chance to rebound from that loss. It's eerily similar to Ohio State losing to Michigan State in 2015. Nobody doubts Ohio State wasn't one of the 4 best teams in the country, but they just have a hard time finding tangible proof of it. There aren't any metrics Bama fans can point to that makes their resume look impressive. It's all based on the eye test.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is debating the merits of the quality of loss between OSU and Bama. Obviously losing to Auburn is a better loss than getting smacked by crappy Iowa. But the excuses are built in when you lose to Iowa and you get a chance to rebound from it. Bama doesn't have the chance to rebound from that loss. It's eerily similar to Ohio State losing to Michigan State in 2015. Nobody doubts Ohio State wasn't one of the 4 best teams in the country, but they just have a hard time finding tangible proof of it. There aren't any metrics Bama fans can point to that makes their resume look impressive. It's all based on the eye test.

I think the biggest thing this year as opposed to that year is that there is a very good chance that there will be a 2 loss P5 champ. Both of those potential 2 loss champs have bad losses. People keep talking about the Iowa loss....well I think the Oklahoma loss at home was bad as well.

I think the biggest thing this year as opposed to that year is that there is a very good chance that there will be a 2 loss P5 champ. Both of those potential 2 loss champs have bad losses. People keep talking about the Iowa loss....well I think the Oklahoma loss at home was bad as well.

Oh yeah without a doubt the surrounding situations were different in 2015 for OSU than they are for Bama this year. I'm just saying that they are eerily similar as far as their case for making the playoff. There wasn't anyone who could have been left out in exchange for OSU in 2015. This year it would be easy to put Bama over OSU. Bama just got luckier this year that everyone sucks.

Alabama shouldn't need to rebound from anything. Just because they happened to lose their last game instead of their first shouldn't affect anything, but it does for some reason and it's stupid.

It's who they loss to. Obviously OSU could rebound from losing to Iowa this year because if you lose to a bad team but beat the good teams you can still play in a conference championship. Whereas the last 2 years OSU lost to 2 good teams and were kept out of the Big 10 Championship because they lost to the eventual Big 10 champs. Exactly like Alabama this year.

Oh yeah without a doubt the surrounding situations were different in 2015 for OSU than they are for Bama this year. I'm just saying that they are eerily similar as far as their case for making the playoff. There wasn't anyone who could have been left out in exchange for OSU in 2015. This year it would be easy to put Bama over OSU. Bama just got luckier this year that everyone sucks.

Speak for your beloved Buckeyes, not everyone else. Auburn has 2 losses (at Clemson and at LSU) because their QB and offensive line struggled early in the year, now that they got their crap together you see what's happening. Georgia and Alabama's only loss was at Auburn when the Tiger's were playing their best. I don't believe either of the 3 teams by any means "suck", just victims of playing in the SEC.

Speak for your beloved Buckeyes, not everyone else. Auburn has 2 losses (at Clemson and at LSU) because their QB and offensive line struggled early in the year, now that they got their crap together you see what's happening. Georgia and Alabama's only loss was at Auburn when the Tiger's were playing their best. I don't believe either of the 3 teams by any means "suck", just victims of playing in the SEC.

What are you even talking about? What part of my post implies that I think Bama sucks? I compared them to 2015 Ohio State who I and a lot of other people across the country thought was a top 4 team but happened to unfortunately lost a tough game to a team that made the playoffs. Bama is going to get lucky this year because there will be multiple 2 loss conference champs and they will get in because of that. In 2015 it was all undefeated or 1 loss conference champs that made the playoffs.

What are you even talking about? What part of my post implies that I think Bama sucks? I compared them to 2015 Ohio State who I and a lot of other people across the country thought was a top 4 team but happened to unfortunately lost a tough game to a team that made the playoffs. Bama is going to get lucky this year because there will be multiple 2 loss conference champs and they will get in because of that. In 2015 it was all undefeated or 1 loss conference champs that made the playoffs.

You implied that everyone sucks this year, which I said I don't believe that. The top 5 teams (in my mind) are Clemson, Oklahoma, Auburn, Alabama, and Georgia, all of which have lost 1 game (with the exception of Auburn) to other top ranked teams. The only team trying to be considered in the playoffs that has a bad loss is Ohio State.

You implied that everyone sucks this year, which I said I don't believe that. The top 5 teams (in my mind) are Clemson, Oklahoma, Auburn, Alabama, and Georgia, all of which have lost 1 game (with the exception of Auburn) to other top ranked teams. The only team trying to be considered in the playoffs that has a bad loss is Ohio State.

Everyone does such this year in relation to past years. Every single team is extremely flawed and in most years would have already been out of consideration.

We'll just agree to disagree.

Have you ever seen a Bama team that can't get a pass rush, is playing freshmen linebackers, has shaky O line play and chooses not to run the ball? Auburn is playing the best of anyone and they have 2 losses. Georgia relied all season on ND and now that win is extremely devalued and other than that they got blown off the field by Auburn. Oklahoma doesn't play defense. Clemson doesn't have an identity on offense. Miami has played a ton of close games against putrid teams. Ohio State got blown out against a bad Iowa team. USC turns the ball over more than any team in the country. Should I keep going? In years past we knew we at least had a few really good teams. This year we have no really good teams and a bunch of above average teams who look really good one week and lose the next. It's not that hard to see.

Yeah the comment wasn't meant as a jab; it would benefit OSU if Bama was "dominated" if the last spot in the playoff was between OSU and Bama. The backs were getting holes open which makes this that more puzzling. The chatter from Alabama beat writers and fans have been this since the Tennessee game. We don't know why Damien Harris and/or Scarborough don't carry the ball more. He ran 6 times for 51 yard.. that's 8 yards a carry. Bo ran it 6 times with a 7 yard per carry avg. It literally looked like OSU's offense. The section that was dominated and exposed was our LB's and secondary.

:thumb: O.K., that's fine. Actually I thought that OSU needed Bama to win out bc they were at #1 and unbeaten plus it wasn't possible for the Tide to lose twice, since the Auburn game was the last and for the div. / berth in the SEC championship game. Bama beating Auburn would've given them a 3rd loss.

Anyway, more had to happen to give OSU a shot at the playoff and I don't think that it did , or will this weekend. Aside from that, Iowa hung 55 on the Bucks ..I don't think that can or will be forgotten. OSU eliminated themselves, imo.