Did Scott County vote to build new high school?

thsrocks

It isn't going to be an even split with Scott County High School if I'm not mistaken. I seem to recall reading Great Crossing would be smaller and Scott County would remain large. However, with the way that area has and continues to grow, I can't imagine the new school won't ultimately end up very large as well.

Is it a done deal? I did not see anything about the vote.

Will Scott County High retain enough boys to remain in 6A or will they drop to 5A to battle CovCath and Bowing Green?

What is the enrollment projection for the Warhawks?

Is it a done deal? I did not see anything about the vote.

Will Scott County High retain enough boys to remain in 6A or will they drop to 5A to battle CovCath and Bowing Green?

What is the enrollment projection for the Warhawks?

I would think they would drop at least 1 Class. The new school could be possibly anywhere from 1A-4A.

What's the significance of "Great Crossing"? Is that a town in Scott County? Not familiar with the name....

cool logo

Little town just west of Georgetown. I haven't driven through in a while; there used to be (and maybe still is) an elementary school there called Western.

Looks to me from the linked article that what class the two schools play in will be determined by how the county draws districting lines. My guess is in 2019 when the new school opens, Scott County stays 6A and Great Crossing starts out 5A.

IF, this were to play out, Great Crossing would be a Great District Mate for CovCath, Highlands and Dixie. They need a new one since Grant moved on. I realize that is likely a lot to ask of a new school to play such seasoned schools as those, but you have to start somewhere.