Arizona Scandal/Mess

Jumper_Dad

I got a feeling we are going to hear the term "lack of institutional control" a ton in the upcoming weeks/months.

And that is EXACTLY why Pitino, et al, are completely at fault. The folks on ESPN and other networks yesterday explained in detail how this entire process works from AAU coaches, to players, to parents, to college coaches and schools. It isn't a big secret like some want to profess it to be (i.e. Pitino). This is a KNOWN process and apparently a wide-spread, accepted one at that. Denial simply isn't a realistic defense to anyone other than the guys pleading the ignorance and their lawyers. When this explodes to include the vast majority of big time programs, as it is surely going to do, then the next defense will be "Well, EVERYBODY ELSE DOES IT, so WE thought it was acceptable." Sean Miller goes down as will a good number of others in the coming months. At least until the NCAA comes up with a way to spin this and save face.

And that is EXACTLY why Pitino, et al, are completely at fault. The folks on ESPN and other networks yesterday explained in detail how this entire process works from AAU coaches, to players, to parents, to college coaches and schools. It isn't a big secret like some want to profess it to be (i.e. Pitino). This is a KNOWN process and apparently a wide-spread, accepted one at that. Denial simply isn't a realistic defense to anyone other than the guys pleading the ignorance and their lawyers. When this explodes to include the vast majority of big time programs, as it is surely going to do, then the next defense will be "Well, EVERYBODY ELSE DOES IT, so WE thought it was acceptable." Sean Miller goes down as will a good number of others in the coming months. At least until the NCAA comes up with a way to spin this and save face.

It has to be the worst kept secret in history