Sean McNeil

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm told he is burnt out on basketball.

Wow...say it ain't so.

That can't possibly be anything more than a passing phase, and nothing that a short break won't cure.

Just can't imagine any b-ball player every burning out on b-ball.

Though I never amounted to anything, I still gotta get my hoops in every once in awhile.

Wow...say it ain't so.

That can't possibly be anything more than a passing phase, and nothing that a short break won't cure.

Just can't imagine any b-ball player every burning out on b-ball.

Though I never amounted to anything, I still gotta get my hoops in every once in awhile.

You would be surprised. Things nowadays are different. AAU, work outs, conditioning, If he doesn't score 20 we are going to lose. constant pressure questions related to hoops only.

Trust me it happens.

It can happen. Biggest issue I see for kids is they work so hard to reach the pinnacle ( Varsity High School) and are very successful. Then go to college and have to start at the bottom again and some kids just decide it's not worth it.

Happens more frequently in D3

Leaving home, starting college, facing a new level of pressure that comes with an athletic scholarship and academic expectations - it can be overwhelming and I can understand how a young man could reach a breaking point.

I hope he reconsiders, returns to school, and re-commits to basketball. So much upside as a person and a player.

Leaving home, starting college, facing a new level of pressure that comes with an athletic scholarship and academic expectations - it can be overwhelming and I can understand how a young man could reach a breaking point.

I hope he reconsiders, returns to school, and re-commits to basketball. So much upside as a person and a player.

Agreed! College's really need to do a better job of transitioning student athletes. It's hard enough to just move away & start college, yet for a student athlete @ 18-19 yrs old it's adulthood, college academics & basically a full-time job as an athlete @ college level.... As a 30yr old moving, new job huge transition... Can u imagine the stress on a barely adult w/ move from home, college academics & athletics... HUGE transition & probably reason many struggle if not walk away... Truly believe it's college job to help ease this huge transition & walk student athlete & parents thru this difficult time... Prayers that Sean finds his way...a great kid & family

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-boys-basketball/coopers-zach-mcneil-269504.html

His brother committed to hoops at TMC and I'm pretty sure he never played a game there. Think he decided to play golf for them instead.

I can see the burnout. Those kids have been in a gym so much they may have never seen the sun. Zach was one of my favorite kids to watch play. Level headed, humble, nice kid. Never did see Sean but heard he was the same. Best wishes to both of them in their life endeavors doing what they love.