Sean McNeil

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have seen lots of young men just needing time away from their game, whatever it might be. Have seen it more in basketball and golf than other sports. Absence can make the heart grow fonder, especially in women and competitive sports. A pause and reboot makes lots of things work out for the better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I can understand now the burnt out thing. All my son ever wanted was to go to college playing basketball. Last year when he graduated, be had a few options with partial scholarships for d2 and NAIA . He chose to go to William Penn University in Oskaloosa Iowa. 540 miles from home. One of the top NAIA programs in the country in basketball.

He was ready to come home by Christmas break, but stuck out the year. BURNT OUT ON BBALL. He is now transferred to NKU to finish his degree. We watched him play for ten years of school ball and 7 years of AAU ball. He played against Sean McNeil many times. It's a thing you never want to hear from a kid who always wanted to play College ball; "dad I don't want to play any more". But all you can do is help them move along. I hope the best for Sean, always liked him as a player and kid

Edited by #99
Spelling

I can understand now the burnt out thing. All my son ever wanted was to go to college playing basketball. Last year when he graduated, be had a few options with partial scholarships for d2 and NAIA . He chose to go to William Penn University in Oskaloosa Iowa. 540 miles from home. One of the top NAIA programs in the country in basketball.

He was ready to come home by Christmas break, but stuck out the year. BURNT OUT ON BBALL. He is now transferred to NKU to finish his degree. We watched him play for ten years of school ball and 7 years of AAU ball. He played against Sean McNeil many times. It's a thing you never want to hear from a kid who always wanted to play College ball; "dad I don't want to play any more". But all you can do is help them move along. I hope the best for Sean, always liked him as a player and kid

Sometimes sitting a year lights the fire back up. I’ve seen it happen many times.

• 5 months later...

Someone sent me this today:

I was just Googling for info about Sinclair’s new sharp shooting freshman and came across this thread. Since I’m not in KY I wasn’t going to register for the site, but I thought some of the users might enjoy hearing that Sean is off to a great start, averaging 36 pts on 46% shooting and 45% from 3. They’ve only played 4 games, but in the last one he scored 55 in an OT loss.

Sean McNeil | #11 | G | Sinclair Community College - Sinclair CC Athletics