The 92 Dream Team  

28 members have voted

1. 1. The 92 Dream Team

• Would Win the NBA Title today
    • Would NOT Win the NBA Title today
    • Would beat a current Dream Team
    • Would NOT beat a current Dream Team
    • Isn't even the best Dream Team.

I had a conversation with a guy yesterday, he is 15 years younger than me, about the NBA today. He was talking about how none of the older players like Bird, Kareem, Malone, Barkley (basically the entire Dream Team) could do what they did during their prime in the league today.

We ended up discussing if the 92 Dream Team could even win the Title today. My thoughts were of course they could/would, while he was sure that the Warriors alone would probably be too much for them and a dream team of today's players would beat them down.

I'm sure this will break by age but what does everyone think, could the 92 Dream Team win the NBA title today?

Could they beat a current Dream Team of US players?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Dream Team may go undefeated in today's NBA.

They would however lose IMO against today's NBA dream team.

Curry

Wall

Paul

Russ

Harden

KD

LeBron

George

Kawahi

AD

Boogie

DeAndre

KAT

Can't have KAT on Dream Team only players eligible for Team USA :thumb:

The '92 Dream Team could stone cold stomp any regular team today, even Golden State. You may be able to match up with starters...but they would kill you off the bench. The only advantage a team from today may have, is in 3pt. shooters. But, if you could sub someone like Reggie Miller for Laetner, I think even that would be a lot closer. Boredom would be the biggest factor in an 82 game regular season.

A matchup of dream teams would be for some interesting basketball. In a 7-game playoff structure, I could easily see it going the distance with a coin-flip for the deciding game.

Get out of here.

MJ's drinking early.

A lot of those guys are in their prime and I don't see how the 92 team or the Warriors even remotely try to handle Shaq. A healthy Penny, a healthy Grant Hill. One of the best shooters in NBA history. A lockdown perimeter defender.

Throw Jordan on that team. Goodnight. Ya'll are writing this squad off to quickly.

A lot of those guys are in their prime and I don't see how the 92 team or the Warriors even remotely try to handle Shaq. A healthy Penny, a healthy Grant Hill. One of the best shooters in NBA history. A lockdown perimeter defender.

Throw Jordan on that team. Goodnight. Ya'll are writing this squad off to quickly.

But Jordan WAS on the '92 team. In his prime!

Three point shooting? Mullins, Bird can't shoot the 3?

Shaq was great then. But it's not like Ewing and Robinson were slouches.

Malone and Barkley.

Drexler and Jordan.

PG's Magic and Stockton.

Yeah, these guys couldn't play today. :rolleyes:

But Jordan WAS on the '92 team. In his prime!

Three point shooting? Mullins, Bird can't shoot the 3?

Shaq was great then. But it's not like Ewing and Robinson were slouches.

Malone and Barkley.

Drexler and Jordan.

PG's Magic and Stockton.

Yeah, these guys couldn't play today. :rolleyes:

Shooting-wise the 96 team was better. Reggie was a far better shooter than anyone on the 92 team and Steve Smith was about even with Mullin.

Ewing and Robinson weren't slouches, but you forget the 96 team also had Hakeem. He was better than either of the 92 big guys.

Malone, Barkley, Stockton, Robinson, and Pippen were on both teams.

Magic would be the best of the PG bunch, but the Glove was as good as it gets defensively.

While I agree the 92 team was the better of the two (mainly because they had Jordan), it isn't a slam dunk like you're making it out to be.

For someone to even remotely think GS would win a series against the 92 DT...they would either have to be in the running for the dumbest (or at least the least informed) person on earth, or high. Those players couldn't do today what they did? Oh my gosh. An argument could be made some of those guys could do MORE with the way the rules are/games officiated today.

Now, a current dream team against the 92 team? Well, lets not forget that neither Bird or Magic were in their prime...they were on the team mostly out of respect of their accomplishments, especially Bird. And Laettner was an "obligatory" college pick. I think to make it a little more balanced that team would need to be allowed to add a player from that time that would have more than likely made that team had they not chose to throw the token college kid on it, which they wouldn't do now. It would be an interesting series and one that I would pay to see.