The 92 Dream Team  

28 members have voted

1. 1. The 92 Dream Team

• Would Win the NBA Title today
    • Would NOT Win the NBA Title today
    • Would beat a current Dream Team
    • Would NOT beat a current Dream Team
    • Isn't even the best Dream Team.

I keep reading on several threads how unstoppable Shaq was and no one could match up with him ever, thus any team or duo with him is unbeatable. If what many say are true he'd have a dozen rings. Shaq was great, I love Shaq...but he could be stopped or at leady slowed down by good teams. Heck hack-a-Shaq would still work and in today's NBA he'd foul out if he didn't quickly adjust.
I love Shaq, but let's be honest. Dude had a chance go down as one of, if not the greatest, but he spent a great deal of time being lazy and not taking the game serious. He came away with 4 rings in 6 tries.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shaq wasn't ever slowed down offensively but he had issues defending centers with strong offensive games. No one ever stopped him when he had the ball. Hack-a-shack had some success but it wasn't a fool proof way to stop him. No one ever really stopped him.

I can agree with your assessment. He didn't get stopped but didn't always stop the other guy either.

I can agree with your assessment. He didn't get stopped but didn't always stop the other guy either.

He sure didn't. He had the physical toools too but I think we all know that as good as Shaq was we never saw him be the absolute best that he could be.

I keep reading on several threads how unstoppable Shaq was and no one could match up with him ever, thus any team or duo with him is unbeatable. If what many say are true he'd have a dozen rings. Shaq was great, I love Shaq...but he could be stopped or at leady slowed down by good teams. Heck hack-a-Shaq would still work and in today's NBA he'd foul out if he didn't quickly adjust.

I was going to make the same comment. He played 19 seasons and only won 4 titles. It's not like he was unstoppable.

For what its worth, they called the 96 team the Dream Team as well.

They were all called the Dream Team until USA Basketball hit that lull for a few years. Then we had the Redeem Team to show the world who daddy is when it comes to hoops.

Steve Smith is not and never has been equal with Chris Mullin. That's borderline blasphemy.

As good as Shaq was he still had issues against centers with strong low post games. Especially David Robinson who could take him inside and outside.

Magic can still see over Gary Payton.

Pippen, Malone, Barkley, Stockton and Robinson would all choose to play with the 92 Dream Team so you can remove them from 96 team.

92 still had MJ. Discussion over.

The comment about Smith and Mullin was regarding shooting....They were very close % wise over their careers.