It's happening!!! Mayweather vs. McGregor Official

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are not going to like it, especially the boxing purists. But this fight is what combat sports fans want to see and I am glad it's happening.

I doubt he could pull out the win, but I feel Connor has a better chance than most people think.

Should be a spectacle no matter what. I mean one of the best pound for pound boxers in history, who is undefeated and at the verge of 50-0, versus a young MMA phenom who is the first to win two UFC division championships at the same time. That in itself makes it worth a watch!

I'd love nothing more than to see Mayweather get knocked out.

Agreed.

Salt right in the 50-0 game. All it takes is one punch and that let hand of Connor's is dangerous. BUT, the 16oz boxing gloves will take a lot of the power away from McGregor.

Agreed.

Salt right in the 50-0 game. All it takes is one punch and that let hand of Connor's is dangerous. BUT, the 16oz boxing gloves will take a lot of the power away from McGregor.

I don't really think McGregor has a chance, but it would be fun to see

That seems like a short turnaround for a boxing match.

McGregor winning would make my birthday. However, the closer it gets the more I fear it is going to be a sideshow and McGregor is going to look like Irish Terry Conklin.

Agreed.

I think Dana White said they will wear 10 oz gloves.

This will be a joke.

I certainly don't think this is going to be a competitive boxing match. But lots of people are going to watch, and it will make a ton of money. Ultimately, I don't think it helps either sport in the long run. Boxing will continue to struggle and MMA will still keep a core, fervent audience, but will remain short of becoming mainstream.