It's happening!!! Mayweather vs. McGregor Official

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can do without their egotistical struts and juvenile banter, and while his beard won’t work on me, I would really dig having McGregor’s cut...that’s pretty tight. :thumb:

The "egotistical struts and juvenile banter" is designed to sell the fight. Nothing more...

McGregor destroyed him in the press conference today took his money bag and said he dressed like a 12 year old break dancer who can't read lol.

Dance for me boy! McGregor needs to do stand up.

Conor's performance at the Toronto presser and Floyd's response were over the top disrespectful. I thought it was shameful behavior. Total and complete disrespect of others--even the promoter. I have no use for such behavior.

Conor went too far and nearly got himself in trouble with those who would take offense to his taunt as racist. I don't think he intended it that way at all. He doesn't know the connotations of things here in the states.

He was belittling Floyd for dressing like a 12 year old break dancer--chains, oversized-ball cap turned on his head, T-shirt, etc. That's funny stuff, I suppose. But then he said, "Dance for me, boy." I know that this was unintentional in that he was free styling. This was unscripted and he was building on stuff he said as he went. So when he referred to Mayweather as a 12 year old break dancer, his next comment, designed to further belittle his opponent was, "Dance for me, boy." I know he didn't realize that the term "boy" has a history as a racist term used by whites to belittle black men in the past. And the thing about "dance for me" also plays into racist stereotypes. The allusion to racist taunts was unintentional by Conor. I'm glad it doesn't seem to have picked up much traction. I put it down to him being from overseas and not knowing how that may sound in America as well as him free styling and building off his previous statements.

The behavior of both men was not in the spirit of competition. It was beyond anything I've seen. Conor especially so because he started it by parading around and getting more and more personal and in the face of Floyd and of Bob Arum. No true martial artist would act like that towards someone willing to step into the ring and compete at a dangerous sport.

I hope that young people watching that would not think that's the way competitors are to act. Just very shameful.

Now what about the fight? Does McGregor have a chance against Mayweather?

Bob Arum addresses that question in an interview starting at 1:30 of the video provided below. He does so in a way that is unemotional, no bravado, just sound reasoning and common sense. Check it out.