Notre Dame 71 Louisville 66

frankdracman23

Sloppy game down the stretch by both teams. UL had every chance and just flat out didn't finish.

They were outplayed at crunch time by a team with a lot more to play for. If the Cards fail to win Wednesday, I'm worried they'll completely lose it for the rest of the season.

Winning is a cure for lots, but by the same token losing exposes a lot. Already after the game yesterday Lewis was complaining about playing time. if the self imposed ban hadn't happened they may stick together more after a loss with still the promise of the conference and NCAA tourneys. But without that and just a few games to go there isn't an obvious goal to unify them and the wheels might come off if losing persists and locker room fractures or issues develop between coaches and a few players. I was trying to remember what happened when a player openly questioned Pitino like that and don't recall a similar outburst at U of L or UK. Interested to see if they all still have each other's back.

I feel for Trey, but my guess is Rick has somewhat started moving forward to get experience/work on next year’s starters. Although Damion Lee played nearly the entire game, so maybe that’s not it. LOL

I do know that while the coaching mind is present; it is also always on the future.

If Lewis wants more playing time, he should play better. He put up big #s against soft schedule and has struggled against ACC competition. With 4 players for 3 spots, failure to execute is not going to be rewarded.

Onuaku has struggled since his nice string of double/doubles. He can't stay out of foul trouble and doesn't take the ball strong enough to the hole OR when rebounding.

Stockman played very well in the 1st half due to 3 fouls on Anas & 2 on Onuaku. Never even took off his warmups in the 2nd half.

Lee was "on" in the 1st half and, joined by many others, "off" in the 2nd half. Disappointing.

South Bend is jinxed for UofL. Better break it because ND appears to be in their "play 2x" pod for the next period according to Pitino.