UK Student Shot and Killed In Robbery

Clyde

Definitely a sad morning for the UK community.

I used to live very close to the same area, and there was usually a fair amount of foot traffic.

In general, it seems like the Lexington area is being hit with a wave of homicides that don't appear to be dwindling.

Just awful. I'm sure they wanted drug money.

So the one kid took off, and they shot him, but they didn't shoot the one that didn't take off running. I'm just trying to figure that out. I wonder why they didn't shoot the other guy so there wouldn't be a witness. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I have a pit in my stomach. This kid had such a bright future from the looks of it but regardless it's just awful. Having been in the same situation as this before and taking similar action it really has me thinking right now. Praying for Jonathan and his friends/family. Sad day for the UK family.

I have been traveling mostly the last two weeks, but this hits close to home. mini-doomer2 lives only a couple of blocks from the scene, and this could have happened to anyone. Additionally, one of my business associates from another state informed me this morning that this was his nephew (sister). I don't want to even imagine what they are going through.