Weekend trip

ColonelNation32

1) Columbus for a Crew game (just a different kind of sports experience) plus its a great town

2) Huntington, WV. Opportunities to camp, opportunites to catch some Herd baseball. Interesting city.

3) Hocking Hills is great for cabin in the woods.

4) Lake Norris is my favorite lake.

5) AAA baseball teams in Indy, Columbus, and Louisville. Heck if you were really up to the challenge you could see if you could hit all three in one weekend.

1) Columbus for a Crew game (just a different kind of sports experience) plus its a great town

2) Huntington, WV. Opportunities to camp, opportunites to catch some Herd baseball. Interesting city.

3) Hocking Hills is great for cabin in the woods.

4) Lake Norris is my favorite lake.

5) AAA baseball teams in Indy, Columbus, and Louisville. Heck if you were really up to the challenge you could see if you could hit all three in one weekend.

Camp in Huntington? Beech Fork? with all due respect, pass.

Where would you recommend to go on a weekend trip with a big fan? It has to be 2 to 3 hours from Cincinnati?

Big fan of what? Baseball, outdoors, art???

Are kids involved? Again, can make a difference.

Chicago is slightly further away, but probably your best bet to find something for anyone (unless you want to camp I would guess).

Indy, Columbus, Louisville, Nashville, and even Cleveland are 4 or less hours away. All have plenty to offer as they are all big cities.

Both Kentucky and Ohio offer plenty in the way of state parks within the vicinity as well. And there is the Smokies in the 5 hour range.

If I had to stay in the 2-3 hour range, for my money I'd likely head to either Louisville or Columbus. I know there would be plenty of options for about anything I wanted at either place.