NFL Coach of the Year

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, this is tough. Two in my mind. Marvin has taken a 4 win team and turned them into a divisional champ. With a lot of injuries (5 defensive starters) and an emotional lose of a kid who kind of symbolized their turn around.

Caldwell almost (could've) ran the table as a rookie Head Coach in the National Football League.

I'm going to leave my Bengal hat on and pick Marvin Lewis.

No way Norv Turner. That team is loaded, they should win and in a weak division. This is the only year under Turner they have not been disappointing.

It is either Caldwell just because it is his first year or Marvin Lewis.

What do past failures under Turner have to do with this season? The Colts and Saints are loaded also but you don't hold that against their coaches. Anyway, my vot goes to Marvin Lewis with Norv Turner a close second.

No way Norv Turner. That team is loaded, they should win and in a weak division. This is the only year under Turner they have not been disappointing.

I'm not sure how you get that. Geez, Turner-bashing is over, even in San Diego. Its his third year. His first year, they went to the AFC Championship game and might have been in the Super Bowl had everybody and their mother not been injured against the Patriots. Last year, the start of the year was disappointing, but they won 6 straight to win the division title and beat the Colts at Indy, before falling to the eventual world champs. This year, the Chargers have been playing musical chairs with the entire offensive and defensive fronts, and several of the players who constitute the "loaded" have gotten to that point with his tutelage, this year (Vincent Jackson, Malcolm Floyd, Stephen Cooper, Eric Weddle). He sticks to gameplans under heavy criticism and is a great teacher of quarterbacks. Philip Rivers has become elite under his guidance. I think we could cut him just a bit of slack.

I'm not sure how you get that. Geez, Turner-bashing is over, even in San Diego. Its his third year. His first year, they went to the AFC Championship game and might have been in the Super Bowl had everybody and their mother not been injured against the Patriots. Last year, the start of the year was disappointing, but they won 6 straight to win the division title and beat the Colts at Indy, before falling to the eventual world champs. This year, the Chargers have been playing musical chairs with the entire offensive and defensive fronts, and several of the players who constitute the "loaded" have gotten to that point with his tutelage, this year (Vincent Jackson, Malcolm Floyd, Stephen Cooper, Eric Weddle). He sticks to gameplans under heavy criticism and is a great teacher of quarterbacks. Philip Rivers has become elite under his guidance. I think we could cut him just a bit of slack.

I agree. As unpopular as the decision was to make him head coach, it really has worked out.

As far as coach of the year goes, I think the Bengals are the biggest surprise and turnaround from last year. They've dealt with key injuries all season and then the passing of Chris Henry. I don't see how it can't be Marvin.

Just curious, what's the AFC North's record against the AFC West this season. I know the Division Champ Bengals are 1-3.