NFL Coach of the Year

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, what's the AFC North's record against the AFC West this season. I know the Division Champ Bengals are 1-3.

Baltimore... 3-0 (Still have Oak left to play)

Pittsburgh... 2-2 (Beat SD and Den, lost to KC and Oak.. go figure)

Cleveland... 2-2 (Beat KC and Oak, Lost to SD and Den)

Part of saints4 rationale against Turner was that the West is a weak division. My point, not so much.

It is though. The West has two terrible teams and the North has one. The North has a chance to put three teams in the playoffs. Just because the bad teams in the West upset a couple from the North, doesn't mean the division is as good.

It is though. The West has two terrible teams and the North has one. The North has a chance to put three teams in the playoffs. Just because the bad teams in the West upset a couple from the North, doesn't mean the division is as good.

There is a much better chance that the both put in two teams than the North putting in 3. I would put the North ahead of the West slightly for the reason you mention. I don't think it is a big enough gap to say it is a solid factor in picking the COY.

There is a much better chance that the both put in two teams than the North putting in 3. I would put the North ahead of the West slightly for the reason you mention. I don't think it is a big enough gap to say it is a solid factor in picking the COY.

I think those chances are about the same.

I doubt anyone would argue the West is better or as good as the North.

I think those chances are about the same.

I doubt anyone would argue the West is better or as good as the North.

According to the NFL website, if the season was over today. The North gets Cincy in, and the West would have Denver and SD in. I'm not saying the West is as good or better than the North, but to say they are "weak" compared to the North is fallacy.

According to the NFL website, if the season was over today. The North gets Cincy in, and the West would have Denver and SD in. I'm not saying the West is as good or better than the North, but so they are "weak" compared to the North is fallacy.

Which is extremely misleading, since it's an AFC North team, Baltimore, that simply has to win and make it. Denver needs to win and pray for help.

Denver doesn't control their own destiny.

That is correct. I still don't think the North is that much better than the West. 8-8 or 9-7 head-head just doesn't make me feel there is much of a difference. Let's see how the playoffs shape up. We may get a chance to see the two divisions go at it again.

That is correct. I still don't think the North is that much better than the West. 8-8 or 9-7 head-head just doesn't make me feel there is much of a difference. Let's see how the playoffs shape up. We may get a chance to see the two divisions go at it again.

Three good teams vs two... out of four total. I think you could find a lot of "head to head" weird things. Is Oakland better than Cincy, Pitt, Denver and Philly? No. Is Tampa better than New Orleans?

The West does have the best team of the bunch, but after that I think the North have the next three.

Three good teams vs two... out of four total. I think you could find a lot of "head to head" weird things. Is Oakland better than Cincy, Pitt, Denver and Philly? No. Is Tampa better than New Orleans?

The West does have the best team of the bunch, but after that I think the North have the next three.

OK. Let's throw out head-head.

1. SD

2. Cincy

3. Balltimore

4. Denver

5. Pitt

6. Oakland

7. Cleveland

8. KC

JMO. And you may not use head-head to argue otherwise. Those are the ground rules in which you suggest how we look at it. Funny though when deciding a tie, head-head is the first tie breaker. Ah but what do those guys know:lol:

Seriously I'm done on this one. :thumb:

OK. Let's throw out head-head.

1. SD

2. Cincy

3. Balltimore

4. Denver

5. Pitt

6. Oakland

7. Cleveland

8. KC

JMO. And you may not use head-head to argue otherwise. Those are the ground rules in which you suggest how we look at it. Funny though when deciding a tie, head-head is the first tie breaker. Ah but what do those guys know:lol:

Seriously I'm done on this one. :thumb:

If Pitt, Baltimore and Denver all end up tied, Denver is left out because they lost to both :lol: