John Hardin hires Doug Preston as head football coach.

AvoidLloyd

Looks like Preston it is. Man, I've coached Freshman football the last few yrs and John Hardin has had maybe the worst team on our schedule every year. Central Hardin is getting all those kids around there. It's hard to believe he's leaving FS for John. I'd also guess maybe FS is on a downward trend?

Looks like Preston it is. Man, I've coached Freshman football the last few yrs and John Hardin has had maybe the worst team on our schedule every year. Central Hardin is getting all those kids around there. It's hard to believe he's leaving FS for John. I'd also guess maybe FS is on a downward trend?

From all I've heard, I think FS might be down for a year or two and then they will be back, ready to make some runs again.

I believe he has family in the Cincinnati area so the move would get him closer to them. Depending on how close to he is to retirement those factors could of played a role in the switch. Best of luck to him.

I have family and close friends in E-town, Bardstown and Louisville. It was one of the major factors in this decision. Thank You Sir.

I believe that rebuilding John Hardin will be a tough task. For several years now the lack of numbers or athletes playing football at the middle school level (Bluegrass Middle School) as well as dwindling number at John Hardin High School, has left the cupboard bare. John Hardin was the premier football program in the region for years and attracted athletes moving into the area as well as existing players from other schools. They have been replaced by Central Hardin and in recent years, North Hardin as well as city school Elizabethtown. The John Hardin team from last year was the worst team that I have seen since the inception of John Hardin as a high school. Seeing them back on top is a monumental task but not impossible. All Doug Preston has done everywhere he has gone is win. I miss the days when John Hardin was the place to be every Friday night. Good luck coach, we are all rooting for you.

I think John Hardin is a winnable locale.

1) Been told new super (who was NOT there when John Hardin was built) would like to redistrict. As a local, makes little sense North Hardin and Central Hardin are so big (and NH had to be renovated) while John Hardin remains small enrollment wise while being huge physically and classroom wise.

2) New announced Fort Knox leadership corps could mean more people living off post and working at Knox (that JH finalist team was full of such).

3) You're NOT in a class with Male/T/X like the other two Hardins are.

I believe that rebuilding John Hardin will be a tough task.
John Hardin isn't at the level they were from around 2005 - 2015 when they were mopping the floor with everyone in the region. North Hardin has had their number the past 4 years winning 4 straight. Their record against Central Hardin the past 4 years is 2-2. I don't believe they have played Etown. The Bulldogs record in the playoffs the past 4 years is 5-4 compared to North's 4-4 record and Centrals 5-4 record. If players are flocking to other schools it hasn't made a huge difference in those schools.

Who knows what the future will hold for the Bulldogs, but they have hired a championship pedigree coach and I don't believe it is the rebuild that some are making it out to be. Good luck to Coach Preston and the Bulldogs.

If you know Hardin County football, West Hardin Middle School winning a district game for the first time in 10 years against Bluegrass middle school, is all you need to know about the condition of the John Hardin football program.

For everyone on this site who doesn't know Hardin County, please explain what that means.