Bengals Draft Plan???

SSC

If you're Mike Brown what would your plan be?

I'd take Green first, hope Ingram slides to you in the second, draft two players on the O-Line and have Marvin call Palmer Monday morning. If he doesn't agree to come back try to deal him for a 1st round pick to someone in the NFC West and try to get Kolb for a 1st and 3rd next year. If you can't get Kolb go after McNabb or Hasselbeck. If neither of them work out hope you go 2-14 and draft Luck next year.

If they do go 2-14 and can't sell tickets the following year I'm also hoping Brown will hire Jon Gruden as the head coach and GM. I know it's a pipe dream, but I'm still dreaming.

Edited by SSC

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AJ Green (WR) in first, Andy Dalton (QB) in second, O-Lineman in 3rd

Off-season moves (that I would make):

Resign Cedric Benson and Jonathan Joseph

Try to get Carson to come back...even if it means reworking his contract to where he has a legit out in 2 years, instead of 4 (gives you time to groom Dalton). If he won't come back, I make him sit at least a year before I entertain any trade offers.

And, even though I like him....trade Chad. If for nothing else, it gives the younger guys more reps in learning a new offense.

AJ Green (WR) in first, Andy Dalton (QB) in second, O-Lineman in 3rd

Off-season moves (that I would make):

Resign Cedric Benson and Jonathan Joseph

Try to get Carson to come back...even if it means reworking his contract to where he has a legit out in 2 years, instead of 4 (gives you time to groom Dalton). If he won't come back, I make him sit at least a year before I entertain any trade offers.

And, even though I like him....trade Chad. If for nothing else, it gives the younger guys more reps in learning a new offense.

Would like to see the Bengals talk Carson in to coming back for one year with the guarantee they'll trade him after the season. That would give the QB they draft a year to learn and be ready to take over the reigns next year.

Carson is not coming back, guys.

It's easy to say you have enough money and you don't need $50M more. It's a lot harder to move on when the checks should be coming in. It should be hard if he's a competitor to walk away when he feels he still can play.

It's easy to say you have enough money and you don't need $50M more. It's a lot harder to move on when the checks should be coming in. It should be hard if he's a competitor to walk away when he feels he still can play.

That is the part I believe some question.

Carson is not coming back, guys.

I have an uneasy feeling that you may be right, if it's a "take it or leave it" type of approach the Bengals have with his remaining four years. (And with Mike Brown, I'm pretty sure it probably is!) That's why I think you may need to extend an olive branch to him, where he absolutely knows he can go to another team in a couple of years (not 4) if he wants to. And if the Bengals get nothing in return, except for the next two years service, I'm fine with that. (It's more than they'll get if they just let him retire.)