Bengals Draft Plan???

SSC

I definitely go with Green at the first pick unless Cam Newton is there somehow. No way I go Peterson. If there is one position the Bengals have very good depth at it is CB with Hall, Joseph (assuming they sing him) and Pacman (assuming he comes back).

I go QB in round 2, or maybe 3, depending on how things look on the board.

I agree there needs to be an offensive line pick high in the draft as well (rounds 2-4).

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carson is not coming back, guys.

Never know. No doubt he wants to get traded, and the only leverage he could try to have it by saying he would just retire. No ones knows for sure if he actually would, I mean thats the key to a good bluff. You have to make it look like your serious. If the Bengals get Green, and maybe a lineman in the first round. Never know he might decide to come back, and play because there would be plenty of young talent there. It would be like starting over for him, because there would no Chad, and he would have a new OC.

If I was the Bengals as someone else said. I would try to talk him into coming back this year, and make a deal with him. That if he still wants to get traded after this season, then they will. Then just hope they do well enough to where he wants to stay then.

I trade the pick to Houston for there first and fourth. Trade our first (Houston) and third to Philly for Kolb and there 2nd or 3rd. Hey Mike Brown !! Call Me !! :D

Kolb or Palmer can't be traded until at least Friday.

I trade the pick to Houston for there first and fourth. Trade our first (Houston) and third to Philly for Kolb and there 2nd or 3rd. Hey Mike Brown !! Call Me !! :D

What has Kolb done to make you think he is worth getting rid of a first round pick? People seem to be big on Kolb, yet he has not done anything. In his few games last year before Vick took over, he didn't do to well at all. This City was down on Palmer, yet this city wants a QB who had bad numbers himself?

What has Kolb done to make you think he is worth getting rid of a first round pick? People seem to be big on Kolb, yet he has not done anything. In his few games last year before Vick took over, he didn't do to well at all. This City was down on Palmer, yet this city wants a QB who had bad numbers himself?

At a minimum, I would want a guy who wants to be here. Palmer ain't that guy. For that, even you have no defense. Or at least one that would make any sense.

If Carson was going to play I would probably take Green if available and dump Chad for whatever I could get for him. With no Carson I would be tempted to take Gabbard and run with him like the Rams and Lions did recently. Or you could take Green 1st and then trade up if possible and take one of the 2nd tier QBs in this draft that you think fit your new system best and run with him and Green.

No matter what the Bengals do they need to dump Chad, I said it years ago, he is a cancer. And I have to wonder if they would have traded him to the Skins back when they were offering two first round picks if the team wouldn't be better off and Carson wouldn't want out.

If Carson was going to play I would probably take Green if available and dump Chad for whatever I could get for him. With no Carson I would be tempted to take Gabbard and run with him like the Rams and Lions did recently. Or you could take Green 1st and then trade up if possible and take one of the 2nd tier QBs in this draft that you think fit your new system best and run with him and Green.

No matter what the Bengals do they need to dump Chad, I said it years ago, he is a cancer. And I have to wonder if they would have traded him to the Skins back when they were offering two first round picks if the team wouldn't be better off and Carson wouldn't want out.

I get the feeling Carson always has wanted Chad and if Carson was here this year he would want him here.

As far as Kolb is concerned. I don't think its as big a roll of the dice as any QB in the draft. I don't think the sample size is big enough to make a good evaluation of Kolb. Andy Reid is a west coast system guy. Gruden will have a lot of the same philosophies in the new offense for the Bengals. Bengals need picks. There seems to be a lot of value for linemen in the middle of the draft. Thats where the battles are won. Especially in our conferense.

I get the feeling Carson always has wanted Chad and if Carson was here this year he would want him here.

Yes and no on that. I think at first he did, but the last two seasons, I don't think he has wanted him as much. He had made a few comments over the years on how it would be nice to get timing with his #1 receivers in mini camps, and not just training camp. So I think he wanted him, because Chad is talented and believed that gave him the best chance to win. However some of his comments showed he was a little frustrated by it. Then Marvin's comments once he was hired back, about how he needs to do a better job at giving Palmer the best chance to succeed, and not doing anything to take away his thunder anymore. Which you would think has to be able how Marvin basically let Chad do his own thing always.