Bengals Draft Plan???

SSC

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because Luck goes #1 it doesn't mean next years class will be better. Ever heard of great QB classes struggling?

Yeah sure have. But there are virtually no white flags with him. Pro style offense, check. Arm strength, check. Intangibles, check. Great coaching, check. Smarts, check. He makes average talent look really good.

Next year's class will have to be higher rated. I can't believe any of these gys other than Newton were first rounders. I don't think they would have been in any other draft.

I'm proud of the Bengals. They drafted character guys, and it looks like they will play hard ball with Palmer. Let him retire or sit out this season to take a stand and trade him next year. Value might not be as high but sometimes you have to take a stand. I love Chad but he needs to go. TO as well, don't let either of them poison AJ Green. They talk about how Green isn't a diva and I dont' think he is. But, I think he shows some signs that he could be brought down in a bad situation.

I'm proud of the Bengals. They drafted character guys, and it looks like they will play hard ball with Palmer. Let him retire or sit out this season to take a stand and trade him next year. Value might not be as high but sometimes you have to take a stand. I love Chad but he needs to go. TO as well, don't let either of them poison AJ Green. They talk about how Green isn't a diva and I dont' think he is. But, I think he shows some signs that he could be brought down in a bad situation.

If the Bengals play hard ball with Palmer after drafting a QB this high it's dumb. Palmer's play if they won't move him would be to return the day before the season starts. It looks like they're comftorable going with Dalton and not CP. Why not trade him ASAP to maximize his value?

Pretty sure two guys name Montana and Farve are only 6'2. Kenny Anderson was under 6'3.

This is the craziest argument ever. When were those two guys drafted? The league is a tad different than when Joe Montana was drafted. How tall is Manning? Brady? Rodgers? Eli Manning? Big Ben? Brees is the only successsful one lately. People keep bringing up 1 or 2 small guys and I'll keep naming 5 tall ones. You're actually helping the argument.

This is the craziest argument ever. When were those two guys drafted? The league is a tad different than when Joe Montana was drafted. How tall is Manning? Brady? Rodgers? Eli Manning? Big Ben? Brees is the only successsful one lately. People keep bringing up 1 or 2 small guys and I'll keep naming 5 tall ones. You're actually helping the argument.

You might want to check Rodgers height he is 6'2 just like Dalton.

Yeah sure have. But there are virtually no white flags with him. Pro style offense, check. Arm strength, check. Intangibles, check. Great coaching, check. Smarts, check. He makes average talent look really good.

Next year's class will have to be higher rated. I can't believe any of these gys other than Newton were first rounders. I don't think they would have been in any other draft.

Luck is one guy. The Bengals could accidentally win 4 or 5 games with Jordan Palmer and not get Luck. Then what? I can't blame them for not waiting just in case they can get Luck or possibly Barkley who I think is overrated. Just b/c you think next years class will be ranked higher it doesn't mean it will be a better class. I'll go on record right now saying Mallett will be a better QB than one of the first two QB's taken next year.

You might want to check Rodgers height he is 6'2 just like Dalton.

I thought he was taller. I guess you're right all the guys looking for taller QB's are dumb. Shorter guys with average arms are the next big thing.

I'm proud of them too. Like someone said earlier no matter what Gruden's experience is it at least looks like someone other than Brown is making some decisions. Hopefully they can get a safety and some O-Line help today.

Luck is one guy. The Bengals could accidentally win 4 or 5 games with Jordan Palmer and not get Luck. Then what? I can't blame them for not waiting just in case they can get Luck or possibly Barkley who I think is overrated. Just b/c you think next years class will be ranked higher it doesn't mean it will be a better class. I'll go on record right now saying Mallett will be a better QB than one of the first two QB's taken next year.

#1 No way Jordan Palmer gets them more than 2 wins. And you will lose that bet on Mallett being better than either of the top 2 next year. Badly. I guarantee it. I will go ahead and laugh at Mallett being half the QB Luck is.

I thought he was taller. I guess you're right all the guys looking for taller QB's are dumb. Shorter guys with average arms are the next big thing.

Yeah but one of the knocks on Mallett is that he's too tall. He's 6'7" and if he's a sccessful NFL QB he will be the first to be that tall. 6'3"-65" is about as tall as they want them. Manning is 6'6" and is very immoble, but he makes up for that with excellent pocket pressence. Do you think Mallett can make up for being a statue, he really couldn't in college so I'm doubting it in the NFL. Teams that got pressure sacked him and forced him into mistakes. Outside of arm strength I see no real reason Mallett would be coveted in the NFL. Bad attitude, bad feet, gimmicky offense (for something that looks pro-style), bad plays in big spots.

Why is Mallett such a good prospect again? I'll be waiting.