NCAA Releases THE Allegations Against THE Ohio State

Clyde

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN reported this morning that the Columbus Dispatch has issueed a letter/list of allegations against OSU, Coach Tressel accusing of not being truthful about the players selling various items, covering up the incidents. The article also stated that Tressel had contacted the FBI on the e-mail about the tatoo parlor but didn't inform his compliance office.

ESPN also stated that .....worse case scenerio would be they add violations from other sports and OSU would have ban on post season play........best case scenerio would be that they accept the in house suspensions already put on the 5 players and Coach Tressell..............

Documents obtained by The Dispatch also show Tressel called an FBI agent within days of getting the first email warning the coach of the potential NCAA rules violation and a federal drug investigation.

But OSU records don't show a single call or email from Tressel to the Ohio State compliance office in which he could have reported his players' apparent violations of NCAA regulations.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2011/04/25/0425-more-emails-from-tressel-released.html

Word out of The Ohio State, is they will fire Thad Matta as basketbal coach due to the FOOTBALL teams violations.

I know that you must be kidding but I sure haven't heard anything like that :lol:. Being a fan of Buckeye footall and not being a fan at all of OSU basketball that sounds good to me :D, and yes, I am kidding.

After listening to more on this today I have to say that I don't think this is all that will be done. Obviously the allegations against Tressel are extremely serious and is jmo although the OSU brass came out in full support of him I honestly don't believe that Tressel will survive this and he will ultimately lose his job. For the players sake I hope that there aren't severe punishments coming but there very well may be. Selling their own property is a violation but that alone did not cause all of this. The NCAA seems to be moving fast on this but with the NCAA fast sometimes seems like forever. I heard one of the espn analyst say that final decisions may come down in August,not sure.

At any rate I tend to with former OSU rb/ espn analyst Robert Smith in that I don't see how Tressel will be able to keep his job, for how long.....who knows? Kirk Herbstreit said basically the same thing.

My opinion in Jim Tressel's defense (and there is no defense for not reporting violations/ being dishonest) is this...Jim Tressell did not tell those kids to go out and sell their rings and other articles to a tatoo parlor that was already being invstigated on other matters that had nothing to do with OSU. IMO - the only thing that could save Tressel no is IF the FBI would come out and say that they told Tressel to keep evrything quiet, that imo is the only thing that should or could keep him.

I am an OSU football fan and will remain a Buckeye Football fan.

I am extremely disapointed in Tressel and unless something big comes out to clear him (llike the FBI confirming) I think that Tressel should call a presser, tell the public that he did what was charged and then follow that statement up with a resignation stating that bc of his mistakes that he could no longer be effective as coach at OSU.

Herbstreit was quoted as saying that the Bucks should not recruit players "like Pryor and Clarett."

He also said "it would be very difficult" to move forward with the Vest.

Is he going to move again after saying that?