Republican Nominee Pool

Clyde

Who excites you in the Republican nominee pool for the POTUS? Mitt formed an exploratory committee. Newt did something similar. Gov Pawlenty is a candidate.

The 3 yahoos of Bachmann, Palin, and Trump are nothing but a circus sideshow.

My guess is we'll hear that Huckabee is interested.

Bobby Jindal?

Who excites us? Who is intriguing?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who excites you in the Republican nominee pool for the POTUS? Mitt formed an exploratory committee. Newt did something similar. Gov Pawlenty is a candidate.

Bobby Jindal?

Our national candidates continue to get worse.

Our national candidates continue to get worse.

The quotes I've seen from Rs would seem to support your contention.

I believe Gov Christie would dominate the primaries unless there is some skeleton in his closet.

Bobby Jindal?

I am admittedly uninformed on some of these folks, but I'll give it a try. And I'll go in the order that you mentioned them.

I think Romney is the most formidable Republican candidate as far as a general election would go. His economic background & the fact that he was elected in liberal Massachusetts proves his viability. I don't see myself ever voting for him, but I acknowledge he is probably the GOP's best shot at unseating Obama.

No go on Newt. Pawlenty seems like a guy I could get behind, but he does fall into the unknown category for me.

Completely and totally agree on the triumvirate of Bachmann, Palin & Trump. Wouldn't have said that about Mrs. Sarah in the early stages of her running with McCain. But now, as you said, she has become a glorified one-woman circus.

I really like Mike Huckabee, though I had some reservations about him when he ran in 2008.

Jindal is in the same league with Pawlenty. I think I could support him, but just don't know a lot about the man and his position on key issues.

As far as Daniels & Christie go, I know even less about them than I do Jindal & Pawlenty.

I honestly believe Jeb Bush would be an intriguing candidate. He comes across as being much more suited for an executive position than were his older brother or even his father. I've always pulled for my guy J.C. Watts to run for President, though I admit this is nothing but a personal desire.

Honestly, and I've said this a million times on here, I don't see any GOPers beating Obama in 2012. So perhaps my lack of knowledge and enthusiasm is explained by my not feeling there's much of a chance anyway. I believe Americans desire the two parties to split the power, so to speak. And I also believe Obama destroys just about all the competition in the charisma category. And recent history proves that America always goes with the more personal or charismatic of the two candidates.